FRIDAY'S AIR

jaminkw

Morning All! 78 degrees in FL but I woke up chilly. The AC is set on 80 so don't know what's going on with me. Have felt like I had a cold for a few days now. Was planning on going for flu and pneumonia shots this afternoon. Don't know if I should.

Woke at the ridiculous hour of 5:20 this morning. Was telling Stan last night that I've been getting into this going to bed at 9 pm. Need to knock that off lol.

I read Eric's Thur Air and could not believe the doctor and nurse are saying those things. I talk about the prognosis for advance lung cancer and scoff at it but those things can niggle away at a person under the surface. We struggle enough to keep hope that we'll be one of the long term survivors. We don't need naysayers. Hang in there with that attitude Eric. I'm with you on that, for both of us and all lung cancer survivors.

Am struggling with the idea of going ahead and buying a month's supply of Tarceva. Susan's Mom had to buy it for awhile until the grant kicked in. Time is marching on and I'll be running into the holidays. Don't want to be dealing with the rash at Christmas.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Good morning Judy. I went to bed at 9:30 and put CSI on the tv. Of coarse I fell asleep and woke up just as it was going off so missed how it turned out. Up this morning at 4:15. Stayed in bed for a half hour more but had to get up. My back bothers me until I get up and use the bathroom but have to sit up for a while first so I will have a sleepy day today.

You know that attitude from doctors is what got me started on my quest to try and do something to help in some small way. Giving hope is as important if not more so than giving medication. I think that no amount of money will ever help find a cure until that attitude is changed. It is bad enough that other people act that way but when those in the medical field act and talk that way it is a crime in my mind. You hang in there both of you. Prove to them that they are not all knowing.

Judy the cost of those medications is another of my pet peeves. They make those medications and charge many many times for them what it takes to make them. They will say it is because of the money spent on research but how much of that money came from grants? I feel as if they are double dipping. They get money from the government or companies or people donating for research then they turn around and charge the people or the insurance companies to cover the research.

Don't even get me started on what the doctors charge when they do the least of the hands on work. As a caregiver I saw how the ones at the top of the chain make the most money and the further down the chain you go the more hands on work gets the least pay.

I hope you get your grant in time to have most of the nasty side effects out of the way by the holidays.

Well as every morning I am fighting my hands going to sleep. I tend to sleep with my hands under my head and of coarse the TMJ also causes that problem. Finish my coffee then off to take my neighbor to the store.

May sound crazy to you but I am excited about the weather today. It is only going to be in the mid to low sixties with a light rain. The rain here I like, it is always a gentle rain not a quick violent wash out like you get in Florida and like Louisiana experiences. I sure hope that I don't see the 11 inches overnight like we did last year when I was there.

Well have a great day everyone.

Good morning, everyone! TGIF!

It was 67 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 80, with a 50 percent chance of rain. I hope it's not 50 percenting as I ride home. I rode to work all 5 days again this week.

It's a full moon right now, and the last two mornings, the moon has had a halo around it as I rode to work, from the thin clouds around it. It's looked like something right out of a werewolf movie. I didn't howl at the moon, though (not much, at least).

Judy, I never sleep in as late as 5:20, except on weekends, and sometimes not even then.....LOL. 6 1/2 hours and counting until I'm off work for the weekend. Have a great day, all!

Oh come on now....it's my favorite day of the week so I think we should all go out and howl at that full moon tonight, just for the heck of it. When this work day comes to an end (12 minutes) I plan on letting the howls begin!!!

I'm driving down to Jensen Beach to spend a well deserved weekend with my American Legion Auxiliary District 12 friends. We're all District officers and we get along really well. Tomorrow will be all day meetings but tonight and tomorrow night will be fun.

KW Judy...I'll actually be spending the night tonight in PSL. Going to a great Seafood Buffet dinner at Post 318.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Bud, that picture of the moon as you ride to work sounds beautiful. Hope you didn't get wet on the way home. If I get stuck in my office tomorrow, I'll think of you fishing for crappie.

Ann, when I heard you say you were going to be in Jensen Beach, I thought well you are right in my daughter back yard. And you are staying in Port St Lucie tonight! Enjoy dinner but watch out for that traffic and crazy drivers.

Judy in KW