Here we are...

lizandberry

Wife/caregiver to 54 y.o. dx nsclc 3a inoperable July 2010. We never asked for a survival time...but did scare myself with internet surfing in the first few weeks. Realize now that all patients are different. Trusting God for complete healing and feeling mostly positive (except sometimes in the wee hours of the night...)

Treatment at MDAnderson, Houston. Blessed to live about an hour away. After 37 radiations/6 weekly chemos. 'Significant shrinkage' of tumor. 1st of 2 triple dose carbo/taxol on 10/18...He feels bad today, wish I could do more.

Raising a 5 year old grandson together, who would have thought at our age. He is a joy!

Just gonna cruise the site and see what I can learn!

God Bless anyone dealing with this beast!

FAITH, HOPE, CURE!

liz :?

Hi Liz. Glad you found us. I went through chemo and daily radiation has shrinkage then was operable, then had more chemo. Click below on my story if you want more detail. Keep us posted on how he is doing, this is a rough road.

Donna G

Hi Liz,

Welcome to our little corner of the internet. There is much to learn here. I remember when my mom was first diagnosed, this was the first place that gave me any hope. We have many, many long term survivors and caregivers for long term survivors. We are all happy to answer questions and share our experiences.

Susan

Hi Liz, welcome to this place. It's a place none of wanted, but so glad it's here. I so wish I had found this when I was going through my treatments, it would have helped me so much! But I found it now, and have made such nice friends. It's great.

You have the right attitude. It is tough. I did the carbo/taxol gig and it was not fun. However, I always worried about my husband/caregiver for he worried so much. It was a tough thing to go through, but I knew I had the strength and fortitude to get through it, and he just didn't because how can the caregiver possibly know that it's not as bad as it looks!

Take care, and stay in touch.

Judy in MI

Hi Liz,

Welcome to LCSC,reading your post I realise you are not entirely new to LC,and you are doing fine,you have the right attitude.This is the most difficult time to adjust and come to terms with your cancer journey.

This disease is survivable,I have now started my third year of being cancer free and enjoying life to the full.I have returned to work and feeling physically and mentally as fit as I was prior to my dx.By reading the remarkable survivor stories here you will begin to realise how unremarkable my story is.

I wish you and your husband a time in the not so distant future,when all his treatments have been completed,peace and freedom from the current anxieties you have experienced up to now,and start to refind the world you had prior to dx.Looking forward to getting to know you better,God bless.

Hi Liz, wlecome to our group. I was dx'd 3b in Oct 07 and did carbo/taxol/avastin for six rounds. I had a tough time with the last few infusions but am doing fine on subsequent treatment. You sound like you are on top of things. There isn't much you can do while your husband gets thru this phase of treatment except offer him whatever will comfort him. For me, it was morning tea and toast. I counted on my husband being there with it for me. Bad as he feels, your husband can also feel your caring in every little thing you do to try and help in a situation where you are essential helpless.

Judy in KW