Not prepared

fillise

I thought I was prepared for mom's death. I mean, she was 80 and we had known that at some point she would go. But I now realize that while I was prepared for the idea of her death, I was not prepared for the reality of it. I suspect that is the way it is for most of us if not for all of us.

Susan

You're never 'ready.' And it's one of those things that you just can't anticipate fully until you're there. It hurts more than you could ever imagine and is full of so many emotions that you just didn't expect. At least it was that way for me.

Be gentle with yourself and let yourself be where you are. There are no 'supposed tos' right now.

I'm thinking of you, Susan. It's so true that we're never really prepared for the finality of losing someone we love. I had planned, prepared and I thought I was somewhat ready to handle losing Dennis. But, when the time came and I realized I would never see him again in this lifetime, it hit me like a ton of rocks! Hang in there, you can do this!!!!