Lillian Urso Vieira (Ursol)

Janet B

Ursol hasn't been on the site for quite a while (either have I) but she was one of my first "friends" here. I was so happy to get a chance to meet her in person a few months ago. She leaves behind 3 young children. I HATE this disease.

http://www.legacy.com/funerals/brooklaw ... =146712119

VIEIRA, Lillian (Urso) Lillian (Urso) Vieira of Rocky Hill, CT passed away on Friday (November 19, 2010), after a courageous battle with Lung Cancer. Born in Hartford, on December 29, 1965, daughter of Joseph A. Urso and Maria Urso (Ossino). Lillian worked at ESPN in Bristol, CT for the past 15 years most recently heading the Affiliate Business Operations group. Prior she worked at The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation in Meriden, CT and before that at Sage Allen & Co in West Hartford. Lillian lived most of her life in Wethersfield moving to Rocky Hill in 1993. She was a graduate of Wethersfield High School and received her Bachelors Degree from the University of Connecticut in 1988. Lillian is a member of the Corpus Christi Women's Club, She is a member of CTAM and Women in Cable Television (WICT) and a graduate and Alumnae of Class 21 of Betsy Magness Leadership Institute (BMLI). Lillian was a devoted wife and mother married in 1992. Besides her parents she leaves behind her husband Paulo Vieira and her adoring children Katia, Alexandre and Marilena Vieira of Rocky Hill. Additionally she is survived by her brother Salvatore Urso and his wife Kelley and their children Angela, Joey, and Jeffrey Urso all of Wethersfield. She also leaves behind an extended family she adored including her Aunts and Uncles that meant so much to her, Umberto and Isabel Ossino of Rocky Hill, Salvatore and Liliana Campailla of West Hartford, Francesca Pelosi of Wethersfield, Jochino and Ninette Urso of Wethersfield, Tommy and Kathy Urso of Newington, Ninette Coppolla of Ocean Bluff, MA, her Uncle and godfather Sebastian Urso of China, Maine and her Godmother Valerie Urso of Newington. She also leaves behind many cousins that she loved very much both in the United States and abroad in Italy, France, London, Argentina and Venezuela. She was predeceased by her grandparents Francesco and Angela Ossino (Tagliaverga) as well as her step grandmother Josephine Urso (Stella) and most recently her Uncle Jack Urso of Rocky Hill. Her family would like to thank everyone at ESPN for all the support given to her throughout her battle with cancer, and to her friends who were always there to help Lillian and her family. A special thanks to the professionalism and compassion from her Doctors and Nurses at Yale-New Haven Cancer Center. Funeral services will be a Tuesday at 9 a.m. from the Giuliano-Sagarino Funeral Home at Brooklawn, 511 Brook Street, Rocky Hill, followed by a Mass of Christian Burial in Corpus Christi Church, Wethersfield, CT at 10 a.m. Interment to follow in Cedar Hill Cemetery, Hartford, CT. Friends are invited to the funeral home Monday from 4-8 p.m. Donations can be made in Lillian's memory to a scholarship fund set up through "Lillian Urso-Vieira Children's fund" c/o Webster Bank 797 Pine Street Forestville, CT. 06010.

Oh this one hurts :cry: . Thank you, Janet for posting. Lilly was a good friend of my niece, Tracy, while she was here and she became one of mine as well. I have noted her extended absence and, as always, when that happens I am hopeful for the best. Dammit, I am just plain angry. My heartfelt sentiments will be with her family and her precious children. I personally know haw difficult it is for young ones to lose a mother. This just leaves me with nothing else much to say.

My best to you, Janet. Hope you are doing well.

Kasey

my deepest condolences. we have all lost a great friend! this really does suck and I am sorry to hear this sad news! She was an inspiration to so many here!

Thank you for letting us know about Lillian. I am very saddened to read this. My prayers and condolences to her family. I too, HATE this disease and the sadness that it causes.

Carol

• 2 weeks later...