X-Ray Today - Results = Next Century

Annette

So I was the first one in at the Imaging Center for my x-ray - that way I can get to work just about on time. The little technician said the oncologist will have the results this afternoon - so why do I have to wait until next Friday to find out. (Not that I'm that taken by "just an x-ray" - but it is nerve wracking, gut wrenching, heart pounding to wait.) So I read an article or headline or something that said there are tests out there where a little stress is good for cancer patients - is this is what this is about - - I have enough stress in my life already I just want the dang results. Okay - I'm through ranting, raving, not through pulling my hair out. Guess I better look busy and start the Friday clock countdown. It is so cold I believe it will be blankets on the couch this weekend. I would stop for a good book on the way to the weekend house if it wasn't for having to leave the cat in the car. Me and bookstores love each other - in fact if they ever have air raids or nuclear bomb scares I believe I would like to be trapped in a Barnes & Noble that is right next to a grocery store. My idea of heaven. Wait let's throw in a package store on the other side. (In case you don't know some states have to sell liquor from state run stores - I know Virginia is like that.

Thanks for reading my rant about waiting a week for the x-ray results - even though my mind wandered down some other lanes and just rambled on - - do you think I caught it from Eric?

Annette

Annette, you really are funny! You can rant all you want. I consider myself to be the queen of HATE HATE WAITING. I don't do it well for tests, for people for just about everything. I love your idea of where to be trapped. Have a warm weekend at your weekend house. Just pile on those blankets. Got a fireplace? I'd like to picture you cosy in front of it. Oh, and don't be catching anything from Eric, o.k. lol.

Judy in KW

I understand what you mean about the unnecessary stress of waiting Annette. I usually have a 10 - 14 day wait between x-ray and results. The stress of that wait is alot worse than the operation, chemo, etc.

But we know your results will be good and then you can enjoy your reading stress free, at least until next time.

Oh and I'm with Judy on not catching anything from Eric. LOL

Annette

I am so sorry you have to wait so long there is no reason for it. Way to stressful for you or anyone. The one thing I can tell you if they don't call sooner then that will be a good sign....You have a great attitude/humor about it. I freak when I have to wait two days. I don't like waiting whether is for test results or in line for food (that is a NY trait). If it really bothers you I would call on Monday or Tuesday and see if they will at least give you some positive feedback until you go.

I will be thinking about you and praying until you get your great results back. Hey maybe go to Barnes & Nobel this weekend, have a latte and read a book.

Libby

Hi Annette,

I am really feeling upset for you that a system can operate that leaves one waiting for results of a simple test for nearly a week,apparently without empathy for the reciprocant.Such abuses should not be meekly accepted and I would recommend bargering for information-now,if everyone took the bull by the horns maybe things would change,bet if it were one of of the medical staffs relatives it wouldnt happen.I share your love of book shops my favorite in the UK was Borders,I would go there on a Saturday and with a coffee latte in one hand and a book in the other I could lose myself for hours,unfortunately recently they went into liquidation,apparently,they couldnt compete with booksales on the internet,so we are now left with Waterstones,which I can still enjoy a visit to.I wish the results whenever they do emerge Annette, are much better than you anticipate.Incidentally, the only thing you can catch from me is love and encouragement.God bless.