14 months today

michellep

It's been 14 months today that my sweet Don passed. This morning I was cleaning out drawers in the bathroom and found a gold locket. I don't know why it was there, but I have a memory of Don giving that to me when we were newly married. I had no idea what was inside this locket but when I opened it, there was a photo of him on our wedding day.

The tears just started flowing and I was so upset with myself. I always try to fight back tears. My mother always said that tears were a sign of weakness. Hospice told me that tears were a good way to release pain. Which do you suppose is true?

I placed the locket open on the dresser next to my bed with many other items I have of him. Not sure when I'll be strong enough to look at it again.

I despise cancer more than words can ever say. It destroyed my life and my family ;(

I hope that tears help wash the windows in our minds that allow us eventually to see and smile about the good memories we have with our loved ones. I cannot begin to imagine how hard this past 1 1/2 years have been on you and your family but I know that many here would gladly let you rest your head on our shoulders for as long as you need.

Annette

Michellep, Not sure if you remember me or not. We pm'd some because our husband's diagnosis, age, etc were similar. I'm so sorry for your loss. Gene lost his 19th month battle on October 29th, 2010, just 7 weeks ago. The tears flow many, many times a day for me and I beleive they are good. :cry: I hope that you will allow yourself to cry when you need to. If there is anything at all I can do please don't hesitate to send me a message. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

(((((((((((((((((((((Michelle)))))))))))))))))))))))

I always feel better after a good cry, so I don't think it's a sign of weakness. I like to think of it as a way to gently wash a way some of the pain. You are so blessed to have found the locket. It's great when our loved ones find little ways to remind us of their love. Yes...I think that's just what Donald was trying to do.

I'm trying to keep busy today, as the 15th will mark 8 years since Dennis passed. Funny how it all feels like yesterday. I almost feel like life is happening in slow motion and I can remember every second of this week, 8 years ago.

We just have to remember the love and know that it can never be taken from our hearts!