Scan Results

jaminkw

Again, a not so perfect report. I could strangle the PA who told me two days ago that the thing they were watching in the abdomen was improved. What an idiot. Even I could read the clearly stated "mild progression" in the thickening on the abdominal wall. Chest and lungs still clear. Oncologist wants to keep me on Tarceva awhile longer to give it more time. She pointed out that the thickenings (vs tumors) are difficult to measure and right now I have the complication of active diverticulitis or colitus. I bought some extra time again between scans because of my upcoming cruise in Feb. Will rescan in March and see where we are then. Just happy I won't be changing treatments before my cruise.

Judy in KW

Judy,

Good to hear the lungs and chest are clear! The rest...well, think smooth abdomen (remember when we were concerned more with the exterior of our bodies?), gets lots of rest, and whatever else it takes to thin that wall.

Keep your eye on the cruise...where are you headed?

I've been off antibiotics for a few days now - wonderful. But when I need them, I need them badly. Hopefully not for awhile if ever again!

Hugs.

Enjoy that cruise, Judy. And as to all the rest ~ it will be what will be and I HOPE it will be better than what you expect. You know it COULD be. So let's hang onto that untli you get back from that great vacation. Will be thinking of you and sending the best vibes, and ALL I got your way, Judy.

Kasey

Hi Judy,

Sorry it wasn't the words, "everything is perfect." Glad to hear your lungs and chest looks good. The thickening of the abdominal wall could just be the other issues you are dealing with. I have had thickening in the surgery area of my lungs for the past 2 1/2 years which turn out to be nothing. It is hard not to continue to worry, but it will be ok. You know how those Doctors like to keep you worrying!

Glad you are able to go and have a nice trip before your next scan. Take care and I will help Annette with the worrying.

Libby

Thanks my dear friends. As I said on FB, I'm disappointed but not devastated. My onc tentatively suggest a scan in 9-10 weeks Susan, but when I told her I was going on a cruise, she left it up to me--before or after. No contest there.

Haven't been online much. Frankly have been sick as a dog since before we got home. Between the antibiotics and something it appears Stan and I picked up (probably at the hospital--no joke), it's been a tough few days. Feeling a little better but far from up to snuff. Stan and I sat around a lot yesterday thinking about all we have to do to make Christmas for Wendy and Dominick. He started the tree this morning and got pointsettas for the step. It may not be as grond as it usually is, but it will be Christmas.

Judy in KW

Sorry Judy that the results were not what you were hoping for but I have to echo other's comment that the clear lungs is definitely a positive.

You and Stan get better, enjoy Christmas and then get packing for your cruise.