3 Years

Bud Baker

Three years ago today, I spent the day in the hospital, having the upper lobe of my left lung removed. The biopsy from that surgery became my official diagnosis, making me a three year survivor today. I've been cancer free for those three years.

I was released from the hospital on the afternoon of Christmas Day that year. My family gathering is usually on Christmas Eve, but everyone waited until I was home on Christmas Day. I was still pretty feeble five days after surgery, but it felt great to be home and opening presents with everyone.

Every year now, at holiday time, my mind goes back to that very special Christmas gathering. Merry Christmas, everyone!

CONTRATULATIONS BUD! Bruce mentioned your "good news" in an email yesterday. I must have missed your mention of it. So glad you added this today so I could give you a proper thumbs up. 3 years, what a milestone. I always say, I made three, now I have to make five. With your attitude and lifestyle, there is no doubt you will.

Judy in KW

Hi Bud,

What a heart warming post,your Christmas homecoming three years ago,just touched me,may you have a super Christmas again this year with the family,and of course may we share your company and everyone here,for many years to come.

Merry Christmas to all our readers and contributers,God Bless.

Thanks, everyone!

Such a great way to celebrate. Happiest of New Years! (Will you make the mileage goal for 2010?)

Stephanie, according to my profile at bikejournal.com, where I track my miles, I now have 7,430 miles. That leaves just 70 miles to go, so yes, I expect to make it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...