MRI Scheduled

Annette

The scheduler finally called me back - I will be having a MRI at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday. Not sure how the "results" will work out since I don't have an appointment with my doctor until March. I'm guessing if she sees anything before that she will call. My mom wanted me to tell her I was having some funky weird headaches so she is just being cautious by ordering this. (I have to think that the headaches are stress related since I'm so stressed out about my mom who has custody of my 14 year old nephew and he now has several court dates for stealing my mom's car (s).) Although I can say I'm not super worried about this - lord knows what goes on unaware in our minds.

Annette

Annnette,

I will pray and worry for you . You will do fine. I would make it clear to your Doctors office that you will be calling on Friday just to hear that everthing is fine... They cant expect you not to want to do that. In the meantime try and keep you mind busy doing things). Praying for you.

Libby

• 2 weeks later...

I called the doctor's office and her nurse called me back with the good news that the scan showed no sign of lc mets. Dang if I forgot to ask if there was anything up there I meant to. I don't know how many of you have had MRI's but unless I get some good drugs and better earplugs that will be my last one - oh and a technician that can get the contrast in 1 not 3 sticks. I guess all is good - so now I'm thinking the headaches must be stress related - and my nephew is only 14 1/2 - so they should go away in let's see 3 1/2 years. Right?

Annette

Good news Annette! Ah shucks, I can't believe you forgot to ask them if they found ANYTHING up there! HA HA HA HA HA!

I'm with you on the MRI. They give me the MAX of Xanax as I am terribly claustrophobic. And when they take me in, I have those eye shades on so I can try to trick my mind into not believing I'm in that tiny little machine with the big scary noises!

I'm so happy for the good news!

MI Judy

Annette,

I am so glad everything checked out ok. As far as the stress and nephew goes, ughh could be longer if he sticks around....Well at least you have a clean bill of health. You better by stocks in Alieve for your headaches sounds like you may need to take quite a bit of it and maybe some Xanac from the Dr. so you can deal with the nephew stress.

Again happy to hear your good results.

Libby

Annette, I scrolled up and down this thread four times because I could swear I responded to it. Well better late than never--WHOOOO HOOOO GOOD SHOW! What a way to go into the New Year. Have had several MRI, lots of Ativan is the way to do it.

Judy in KW