On Christmas Day, It Will Be 9 Months

Barb73

Strangely, this year, the 25th landed on Thanksgiving and it will be so on Christmas Day. It is a not-so-gentle reminder to all of us who are missing Bill so much. The festive part of Christmas, the merry activities, have lost meaning for me. Those feelings are not there.

It means that my thoughts will not drift too far from the void that remains - that vacant spot that can never be filled. Nevertheless, there will be a Christmas dinner for Jeanne and Fr. Bill, and on Sunday, perhaps, a lunch with John and Linda. These are the treasured things that will help us to focus more on what is important - being together.

May everyone here at this wonderful, and much-needed oasis find peace amd warm memories to comfort at this time of the year.

Love,

Barbara

Love back to you, Barbara. I cannot begin to imagine the void in your life. How have you been doing physically? You were dealing with issues last you were here. Wish words could make things better. However, just dont' know what they would be. You are special to all of us here, and I know I speak for many when I say we wish we could help you through this difficult time.

Love,

Kasey

Dear Kasey,

The issues regarding medical stuff with me has been partially abated.

In October, I had a procedure to open up a blocked artery in my left leg. Surprisingly, it worked for the improvement for both legs. : )

(They tried to do the right one, but pierced it instead, so they stopped on that one.)

They couldn't put in stents to the blockages to my legs due to the future possibility of having to repair the AAA in my abdomen.

The one thing that remains a nemesis is the high blood pressure. It has turned into a resistant type and requires meds three times daily. That keeps me on my toes just remembering all of them.

The good news is that I am still here, and kicking.

Thank you for saying the lovely things you said. It will give me a boost - and I really needed one.

Love,

Barbara

Judy,

Thank you so much for the hug. This is a time when such things are most appreciated.

Yes, the dinner will be good and the company special. We need each other and this is especially a gift this Christmas.

Last Christmas, Bill was in the rehab facility, and we went to be with him and then came back to the house for a put-together dinner.

It has been a very different kind of time these past nine months. More things have been done that surprise even me. What used to be done by Bill was done, albeit with more difficulty. Yet, they got done.

I think he would be proud. : )

Love,

Barbara

Dear Katie,

Thank you for the hugs. :)

You have wished me just what I will be receiving, the support and love that I need. Having the kids around at this time is crucial.

My sister calls regularly, as well. These are the essentials in "getting through."

I don't know what I would have done had I not had help.

That brings me to this board and how much it helped over the five+ years. That, above all, was the glue that kept me together while attending every chemo session, every radiation appointment.

Without this board and the truly genuinely warm and understanding members, I would not have been as bolstered. You must know how very grateful I am for that.

Love,

Barbara

Hello ts,

Hugging right back to you. Thank you. :)

I haven't been online here as much as I would like, but there wasn't a doubt that at Christmas this visit was important.

That lack of visiting as much does not mean that I don't think of you all. I do!

You are part of the journey that Bill and I took, and in many ways, I am still walking.

Wishing you every blessing and to everyone here, you are all the best.

Love,

Barbara

Barbara - I hope that Christmas Day passed gently with your heart filled with wonderful memories of your dear Bill. I know he is watching over you and loving you; however, it doesn't take away the missing them and aching for their presence though.

I don't visit here very often these days; however, I am so glad I checked in to see this post from you. May you be "kicking" and bringing joy to those who love you for many, many years to come.

Luv,

Linda

Linda,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

The day went quietly, but very nice with Fr. Bill and Jeanne with me.

The following day, two more of the children showed up for lunch (leftover turkey with trimmings).

It's all about having people around, and I do believe that they help so much in diverting the sadness by being themselves.

The little Christmas tree lit by LED lights in the front window was the only sign of holiday in the house, but it actually seemed appropriate in its "littleness."

Love,

Barbara