Another Step

ronvrens

Today Christmas 2010 I laid Pat to rest by scattering her ashes into the sea at the beach she most loved to visit.

Pat loved the sea and could spend hours walking and looking for shells and sea life in the rock pools.

Such a void has been left by Pats passing that my two daughters and myself decided to have a quiet and reverend day in her honour.

Pat was always the driving force behind the Christmas traditions and always made sure the tree was up and decorated.

She did the present shopping and made sure she stayed within the budget she set herself.

It was wonderful to see the way she revelled in happiness on Christmas morning when the family and friends opened their presents.

To all of you out there I wish you a joyful time and for those of you like me , grieving, peace and comfort.

Ronnie

Ronnie, what a beautiful if sad picture of your first Christmas without Pat. I so admire your courage as you trudge your way through this unbelievable grief of losing your life partner. I hope for continued courage for you moving into the New Year.

Judy in KW

Ronnie,

Very nice. We had a very quiet Christmas as well, but I had you and my many friends throughout this world on my mind. Sending out all best thoughts and compassion.

We will be scattering ashes into the water at M's Mom's favorite beach next month. She lived to old age, but always loved her beach and water. She hadn't been able to go there is a couple of years, but her kids promised her a final return and we will make it happen.

May there be plenty of comfort in your new year.

• 2 weeks later...