Busy Night (Dreaming)

Ann

Last night, I had a dream about Dennis that was so vivid ! Usually, I dream and in the morning can barely remember any of the details. But...this was one of those special dreams and I can remember each and every detail. I should try to not analyze dreams, as I have no idea what I'm doing but this one scares me a little.

In the dream, I was in the hospital and I had surgery somewhere in my right abdominal region. I had the surgery in one building and when they moved me to a room, it had a lot of windows. Through those windows, I could see another building that looked exactly like the one I was in. My current family was with me but when I saw Dennis through the window, I got up out of bed and walked to the other building. There was a row of chairs up against the wall and Dennis was sitting there, along with my middle son. He got up, came to meet me and asked me if I was alright. I replied that I was but reached down to feel the pain in my right side. Then, Dennis and I left the building and went outside to my car. I got in the car and he knelt down beside the car so that he was at an eye level with me. I said to him "I love you so very much. I have always loved you and I want to go home with you." He smiled and said "OK...come home with me."

I'm sure that some of you can understand why I have been "freaked" this morning while thinking about this. I know I may be putting too much into this but I'm not feeling this was a good dream. First of all, the son that was in the other building with Dennis is my disabled son that has severe issues with his heart, due to congenital birth defects. So...my thoughts are crazy when it's him that's already in the other building with his Dad. Then, when Dennis is there, telling me I can come home with him..... So...just wanted to share this with all of you. I can tell you...I need hugs this morning.

Even though in your telling of the dream there was no fright - I understand what you mean by being afraid of the meaning in the light of day. As I read I only felt relaxed feelings so hopefully it is just telling you to be vigilant instead of a warning. No matter what - here is a hug and a hand to hold if you need it.

Annette

I felt the same way as Annette. Every once in a while I'll have a bizarre dream about my Mom, or Sister. I try to remember that our loved ones do visit us in our dreams, and depending on what we ate the night before, it can get to be crazy dreams! LOL!

Not making light of this, because I can understand why this one freaked you out. (((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))

MI Judy

It really was good to see Dennis in this dream and to be able to remember the dream so vividly. I do hate it when I have a dream and all I can remember is that I had a dream...nothing else. Dennis looked great...very much like he did when I first met him so many years ago! He was happy...he was smiling and I know that he's at peace. The one thing that we all can feel good about is that we will be reunited with our loved ones someday. I was just talking to someone last night and the topic of "the next life" came up. He said he doesn't think of the end as "death" but likes to think of it as a new beginning. He also said he's looking forward to seeing his mom again, after many years. I thought that was very sweet, coming from someone that's thought of as a really tough guy. You know...maybe that's why I had the dream that I had. I had forgotten about that conversation until I started replying to Katie's post. Once again...thank you, Katie.