Saying it outloud

jaminkw

Here I go again. I had a dream last night that had nothing to do with the subject at hand but reminded me of what I need to do here. Ever since my last scan, I've been very worried about my cancer's new location followed by a serious bout of diverticulitus. What if the diverticulitus is an indicator of the cancer spreading to the bowel. I recently subscribed to a diverticulitus newsletter that urged people to see a doctor and have it treated. Did and have but the newsletter went on to say that cancer can sometimes masquerade as diverticulitus. O.k. I've said it outloud. Now we'll see if the fear diminishes. I have an appointment with my PCP next week preceeded by blood work so maybe that will help reassure. He is usually very good at that.

Thanks again for listening.

Judy in KW

Judy,

When we have dreams in the back of our mind we are worried. You have every right to be worried and going and getting checked is the right thing to do. I would be worried too. Although it will probably be nothing, once you get checked you will not be so worried and will not have any worrisome dreams.

When I had that cough, I kept dreaming about my Dads funeral. Weird. It has no connection at all to my cancer or cough (maybe it did he had asthma his whole life), but the worrying sure created some weird dreams. Now my cough is gone and I don't wake up freaking out. Sometimes I worry so much I feel like my brain is going to fall out!!

Hugs, you will be fine.

I'm not gonna say the "good" thing it could be - better diverticulitis than the other - it would be darn good if the radiologist was the wrong one - especially since if you go to the doctor it's manageable. I'm crossing fingers and hoping it's the lesser of two evils.

Annette

Thanks guys. I might be fearing the worst but I'm hoping and thinking the best. Most encouraging is the diarhhea is better (if not all better but there's the Tarceva) and I'm having much less intestinal distress. I was having what appeared to be gas pains, mild to a bit severe, with everything I put in my mouth for awhile--liquid or solid. That's improved greatly. O.k. now I said the good stuff outloud!

You ladies are the best.

Judy in KW

Yes, you're wise to be getting it checked out. We're not a group that can afford to not stay on top of stuff like this. I'm hoping it's something even less than the diverticulitis.

I have to add a funny - you know me.....

My poor oncologist just did not understand me when I told her my toe was hurting and I was pretty sure it was cancer. She said you do not have lung cancer in your toe - but I insisted that it hurt and then I told her all I was asking for was a refill on my Xanax for those days before the scan and then before the results - then she smiled and said "I see, I see - do you need a doctor's note to get out of work today along with the prescription." I told her my chair at work had wheels so I should be fine.

Now she gets me.....she's got a funny accent - not sure where she is from but - I'm not letting her go!!

Hi Judy,

2+2=5 ?,Diverticulitus Versus Cancer-How perfectly understandable to me why you are having such thoughts.Last week I was in the shower,and I brought up some phelgm as I watched it disappear down the plug-hole,I noticed it was bright red in colour-panic-its back-hospital,doctor,which?-my hearts racing,brain into overdrive-oh dearie me-wait a minute,havent I been dipping into the fridge earlier,nibbling at the remnants of last nights Tandoori Mixed Grill ? oh what an idiot,oh boy the total and utter relief,soon changed to laughter,I couldnt possibly share this with you Judy I felt such a fool.I think what I am trying to say,please dont worry,lets put that on the back burner,wait until next weeks tests are over,I am sure feedback will be just fine.

See Eric, don't you feel better now that you said it outloud? That's a service we are happy to provide, offer something so dumb it makes you feel o.k. about your dumb thoughts. The diverticulitis was dx'd in the last scan. Was just worried that it was going to lead to more cancer down in that area since it's already bunking on my abdominal wall.

Annette, I thank that holds the record for the longest belly laugh at a post. You are too much. I can see that poor doctor. Have you considered stand-up--comedy that is.

Judy in KW