Not good kews today

Guest carmen

Guest carmen

:(

Hello everybody, my name is Carmen .This is my second post.

I had urethral cancer on 1993 a had a 17 hour long surgery, after 26 radiation treatments; and was doing fine untill Januay 2003 when the same kind of tumor grew back on my lung.

I had 6 cicles of chemo and the July CT showed that they shrank.

On Nov.2003 I went for my annual mamogram and they found a small lump on my breast.I will have a lumpectomy this comming tuesday and they will implat this little pump that will irradiate for 5 days, instead of goin to the Ca Center for 6 weeks.

On Dec 23 I had a Bone Scan, because I was havind some pains in my arms and tigh; that came positive

AT this point I am overwelmed with all this going on.

The oncologyst said that they will give a chemo that is good the bone and the breast.

Today they gave this medication Zumeta

I need all your prayers and support. I feel very down.

Thank you for reading .God Blees all of these nice people in this board

Carmen

Carmen,

Concentrate on breathing in and out... Take a deep breath in and let it out slowly...now another....one more time. When the stress is grabbing your heart and squeezing it, take some "cleansing breaths" and will yourself to relax. Close your eyes, take the breaths and try to "feel" what your body is doing - if you are tense, try to relax what is tight, working from the end of your fingers or toes into your body and chest...

Doesn't make the bad news go away, but it DOES help you when it seems like the news is going to crush you.

Here's hoping the chemo does its job and you're out gardening in the spring (not wishing you to snow shoveling) or taking walks in the warm spring showers and splashing through the puddles!

Take care,

Becky

Carmen, you are being added to my pray list. I know you must be feeling so low right now but you have really come to a great place that has much knowledge andalso has so much love and comfort for everyone who comes here.

Anytime you want to post your feeling, just come on and we will be here to help you through each time. You are not alone on this board....

Carmen,

Please know that I will be holding you up in prayer for success and strong recovery. You have battled this disease and won before! Try to think positive in the midst of this ordeal. Also, check out posts that relate to helpful hints on dealing with the chemo's side effects. When my FIL underwent chemo he had this protein shake called Reliv that he drank every day and through most of the cycles he was just fine other than the hair loss. He actually worked his normal schedule until the last chemo cycle.

Take care of yourself and God bless~

Karen M.

:I

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart, for your support. It really makes me feel a lot more optimistic. Tuesday I will go for the breast lumpectomy and the doctor told me, it will be ambulatory surgery; thank Dear God for that.

Thank you again for your prayers; I do the same for all of you.

Carmen

Hello Carmen, glad you found us. You fought before and won, you will do so again. My father also battled a different cancer before lung cancer and will beat this one too. He is also being put on Zometa because they werent sure if his bone scan showed metastases or trauma. Come here and visit, it is a wonderful group of people.