My Mom, Lola Toom

LolasDaughter

My thoughts prayers and condolences to you and the family. remember that you did everything you could possibly do for your mom and be proud of that.

Nicole, my sincerest condolences. Whenever I think of you and Lola, I will picture the wonderful avatar of you and your Mom. It's only been three years but it must seem a lifetime. I have a very similar picture of my friend Jim and I. He died a few years ago and I still look at that picture and smile and think in it we will be forever young. Hope you have that picture of you and your mother where you will encounter it often and that it gives you some measure of peace that she is at peace.

Judy in KW

I am just seeing this and I want to say how sorry I am. It really sucks that sense I lost my mom in 1985 to lung cancer there are still people loosing their loved ones everyday. My heart goes out to you and I pray that one day soon no one will loose someone they love to that monster of a disease.

Nicole - what a beautiful tribute to your mom. Her personality just shone through - what an amazing smile (and obviously very talented musically). I laughed out loud at the ladies holding up the "granny panties" photo; the hair cut she was giving you reminded me of my mom cutting my hair with a bowl; and in the pictures of her with all the babies in her life, her eyes just radiated love and pure joy.

Thank you for giving us a small glimpse into your life with your mom - it was absolutely moving and it makes me even more sad that she isn't with you physically any longer, but happy that she left behind so many wonderful memories for you all to treasure.

Many hugs,

Linda

Nicole, I was touched deeply by the time and love you put into this tribute. I also was struck by your mother's smile that endured through the pics of her battle. Goodness knows, I'm certain she will be sorely missed by that family she posed in the midst of.

Judy in KW