New here and feeling very lost.

Chrissy123

Kind of hard to believe it's been a little over 9 months since I joined this support group. I wish I was visiting here with a positive update but unfortunately I'm not. As many of you know my mom had her entire left lung removed in April and she has never fully recovered. She lost quite a bit of weight from the surgery so the doctors recommended putting in a feeding tube in hopes of giving her more nutrition. The feeding tube was too painful so it was removed. My mom had an extreme amount of pain in her back and a bone scan found cancer on one of her ribs. On October 14th a new PET scan revealed her cancer has returned, it is spreading rapidly and now has another tumor behind her heart. The doctors said this isn't good and there is not much they can do but try to ease her pain. My mom talked it over with our family and was willing to do whatever we wanted. How can you ask your mother to go through more pain and suffering just to prolong the inevitable? Nothing seems fair these days.

My mom is at home and we all know that's where she wants to be. We will be meeting with her team of doctors for advice on how we can keep her the most comfortable.

I wish I had better news and I hope that this post doesn't discourage anyone from continuing the fight.

Chrissy

Chrissy,

I'm so sorry for the bad news. If she wants to be home, do ask the Doctor's about Hospice. The do an excellent job with pain control, and in helping the family. They cover (in certain states) medications, and do many things to make it easier on everyone.

My heart goes out to you. I've been there with my Mom too.

MI Judy

• 3 months later...

I just wanted to thank everyone who took a minute to reply to my post or simply read my post. My Mom lost her battle to lung-cancer on Friday, February 3rd. I have found great comfort in this site for the last 16 months. When I felt nobody knew what I was going through I came here and felt so much better. I felt as if you were all going through this with me.

I will continue to pray for all of you and may God bless you all.

Chrissy

Chrissy I am sorry for your loss My condolences and if we can help we are always around and willing. I know this is going to be hard on you and family! My thoughts and prayers go out to you and the Family!