New year visit to see Miya

On Sunday morning after church I drove to the wildlife rehabilitation centre to visit my adopted jackal.

At first I had to follow the open day crowd around and see the other animals being cared for.

While the crowd were watching the baby baboons I was allowed to visit the jackal quarters.

How these jackals have grown. I saw all except the back of Miya as she was hiding away from the sounds of the other visitors or perhaps sleeping. I could not get a photo as the wire mesh got in the way and there was no clear shot of her behind.

I did manage to get a photo of some of the others although they were also a bit nervous due the the other sounds.

I will go again as soon as I have a chance to go home again and hope I get a photo of her.

What was told to me is that she is the alpha female being the eldest and she is the boss.

It seems as though it will be some time before they are ready for release back into the wild and I will try and be there.

Thanks to all for the interest shown

Ronnie

• 2 weeks later...