Cancer in Both Lungs

jeanrc2

Hi I am Jean. I was diagnosed on Nov 23, 2010 with lung cancer in my right lung. The upper right lobe was removed on Dec 22 and on Jan 27, 2011 a biopsy confirmed lung cancer in the entire left lung as well. I also have a tumor in the bronchial margin. The pathology report says positive for metastic carcinoma. Has anyone out there had this and survived? I need to know.

Thanks

Hi, Jean, welcome to LCSC. Plenty of people are surviving with cancer in both lungs, and I'm one of them. You can learn more than you ever wanted to know about my story by following the link at the bottom. :shock:

What treatment has been recommended? Do you know the type of cancer — small cell lung cancer (SCLC) or non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)? And if the latter, do you know the subtype — adenocarcinoma (most common), squamous cell carcinoma (less common), or large cell carcinoma (not common)? The treatment is a bit different depending on the type.

Lungevity/LCSC is terrific for support, coping tips, and similar help. For more "medical" information I suggest you visit cancergrace.org (GRACE — Global Resource for Advancing Cancer Education). GRACE is led by Dr. Howard "Jack" West, a Seattle oncologist who is an internationally-recognized expert on lung cancer and who gives high priority to promptly answering questions online. A lot of us are "dual citizens" and have the same usernames there as here. Best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

Am a bit late in seeing this - but want to welcome you. I have also had cancer in both lungs - not at the same time. Had one removed, and now have cancer in the other. Have been stable and doing well for almost 24 months now. There are many new treatments available, and many others on this site who are living very well with cancer also.

I can't add much to what Ned said, but did want to welcome you and let you know there are many of us. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Diane

I am sorry that you had to find this site but I'd bet you will be glad you did. There is a large amount of information and someone is sure to come along to answer any questions you might have. There are so many here that have been through various treatments for this horrible disease - rest assured that you have found a good place to find at least a little virtual help.

Annette