Friday's Air

Snowflake

Good morning all, it's FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAY!

Yep, that's it, all I have the brain cells for. It's Friday, almost. Will be Friday when I hit the submit button.

For some reason, I'm extremely tired. Waited for hubby to get home from work, but that's about it for the night. I'll catch you all on the flip side, maybe I'll have some fun story to share, a freaky dream where I'm buying cat food and riding a tutu-wearing llama while I myself am wearing a kilt with no knickers. I hope I have enough money for a cab in my sporran - and some warm socks!

Off to bed, I'm open to someone bringing me breakfast in bed, though...bed and breakfast fare would be nice, a quiche with fresh fruit and some hot coffee with real cream. Any takers?

Morning All! Thanks Becky for getting us up to a light airy start. I love you and would love to bring you breakfast in bed. Would climb in and share too if it were coffee or tea and one of Stephanie's wonderful baked thingys.

Annette, I am so sorry. I had a brain fa#t and almost gave your place in the suitcase to Becky. You two sometimes too funny to tell apart. Hope you are going to slide into a easy weekend. What are the odds?

I loved your summary of yesterday's Air Judy. It kind of well, highlighted the insanity. Actually, it sounded crazier in summary lol.

It is not only Friday for you working folks but two days to our departure to Ft Lauderdale. Three days until we set sail. I had a good nap before I went to bed and slept again so I feel pretty good so far today. Innards seem calm, here's hoping....Got a few things to do then off for a haircut and back to meet Stan. We're going out to dinner for his birthday. No biggie, he didn't want a party even tho he turns 70! Cannot believe it but he's still going strong. He has to, to take care of me.

Have a great day everyone. Will try to check in later.

Judy in KW

Yeah Becky for a good Friday Morning start. I must not have slept well because here I sit at the desk barely keeping my eyes open. I'm gonna force myself to go to verizon this afternoon and then a movie night on the couch for me. I decided to stay in town since this will be the first my mom is "alone" I told her to start a journal listing all the things she "could not" do for herself and we will work out a schedule where I can do some things after work - but I can't be here every weekend. So we will see how that works out. I plan on going to see Marco tomorrow afternoon. Hoping that I see signs that he is really into trying to make this work. He will have a long hard row if he is just playing.

I don't know if we will get to hear from you while you are on the cruise Judy - (well me and Eric will see you of course make sure you don't put a lock on that suitcase please - I'd hate to spend the whole cruise locked in a suitcase - when I know the lounge chair by the pool is calling my name.)

My desk is in such a mess it must mean it wants me to work - can't figure this out - working at work - I must need a new job.

Come on quittin time!

Annette

O.k. Judy's wifty again. Annette, you are staying in town this weekend? I thought it was Libby who went to a cabin on weekends? Help me out here. But great idea to work with Mom that way and hope the visit to the young man goes well. I keep thinking of you in his room looking at the photo of his mother and the fact that he pinned it there. I know he's a mess but poor thing.

No, I probably won't be in touch while on my cruise. I thought it would be good to rest my addiction. I'm not taking a laptop because it will be very expensive to buy air time and then how do you control yourself lol. There is a computer room and if I start jonesing too badly, I'll duck in and see what a short term use costs. I will miss you all terribly no matter how much fun I'm having.

Judy in KW

Judy - I don't "go away" on the weekends exactly - Keith has a house that is a little over an hour outside the City - he stays in town during the week and most weekends we go to his house. I'm going to try and get some sort of routine established this weekend so I am not overrun every day with mom needing things. I just wish she were more active in her church - then she might have some other adult friends to mingle with. As it is now she has a 10 yr old little girl that is home schooled and chats with her on FB a few times a day. Now we got her a maid for 3 hours every Monday - that might help. (I'm hoping the list she makes are things you can ask a maid.)

I feel horrible - my usual week is - up and zoom to work - zoom home jump immediately into pajamas and relax - become slug, do nothing, watch movies or dvr. I gotta get her up and moving. I mean we need her to give Bud a run for his money.

7 hours til quitin' time.....sigh.....some weeks Fridays are very long days.

Annette

Good morning, everyone! It was 36 degrees when I got up this morning. Forecast high is 57. I decided to give my shin a break from riding today, and drove to work.

It was a tough ride home yesterday. We didn't get much rain. The line of storms formed just east of us. But, we did get a west wind gusting to 40 mph from the cold front behind the storms. Any bike is tough to ride in a 40 mph wind, but especially a bike with a front fairing. I was doing some serious leaning as I rode home.

If I had just left a couple of hours later, it would have been a north wind, which would have acted as a great tail wind, rather than the cross wind trying to blow me into traffic. What's that old saying..........if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas?

Happy Birthday, Stan! Have a great day, all!

Good Evening All,

Sorry this is going to be a bit rushed tonight,its 5.50pm,just going in for a shower and get changed for Guidi's,picking Sally up at her work at 7.00pm.Meeting Irene and Pat there.

Annette,another sorry,about late postings its really my bowling nights that is causing the problem (Tues &Thurs) dont get home until 11pm,last night eg,too tired to mail,also beaten-again.Going out tomorrow with my little friend,but will try to post in late,hopefully with a funny or two.

Bud,thanks for the comment "Eric stop playing with the bots" for the life of me I really dont have a clue what you mean?could you shine some light please?.

JudyKW another sorry,"pushing the boat out" must have been a bit tired with that one in the context I should have written "pushing my luck".Admiral Nelson its said had a silver boat table ornament which had wheels on it,it was designed to hold two decanters of wine,when he was entertaining important guests,rare wines would be poured into the decanters and pushed about the table for the guests to help themselves.So it means extravagance,having a good time not sparing the pennies,as my tonight for example.Hope you manage to log on during the cruise,dont think I can miss you for a whole fortnight.Have a great time.

Snowflake,briefly get a Dyson,they are great.Sporran and no Knickers,reminds me of a little story passed to me as absolutely true.Guard post at Maryhill Barracks in Glasgow the HLI regiment were forbidden to wear anything under their kilts,there was a mirror set at ground level at the guard post so when soldiers left the barracks they had to stand over the mirror to be examined by the guard to ensure they were properly dressed,or is that properly undressed I should say?

Hope I hav'nt missed anyone out?really got to dash, Byee

Oh by the way anybody know anything about Libby's absence?

No Eric, I don't know where Libby is. I've mentioned her a couple of times in posts hoping to catch her attention. Libby, where are you. We miss you. Eric, hope Sally shows up o.k. and you all have a lovely evening.

Annette, thanks for the explanation. I wasn't wrong then, it is Libby who goes off to the cabin on weekends. I do appreciate knowing I'm not totally feeble-minded. And we all "talk" so frequently, we need to know a certain amount of each others business so we can follow the conversation lol.

Bud I do remember the winds. They can get quite nasty here especially in the winter. Some days with a head-wind coming back toward home, I'd think I wasn't going to make it. I had a very stressful job at that time and would jump on my bike and do a couple of miles after work to shake off the stress.

Hope the rest of you MIAs show up soon.

Judy in KW

Here's Judy in MI, MIA! Had a very busy day. Running around like crazy but it's okay. Sun was shining, and about 30 degrees. Nice. Got my hairs cut. It's cool. The woman that has done my hair told me that she will do my hair for free. I tried to turn her down, but she insisted. So I got the price that the cheap place charges, and at least paid her that. What a darling.

We're off to a 50th Birthday party for a friend. Should be fun.

I've been taking Mucinex for this cold, and it has my tummy unsettled in a big way. I wish this congestion would just go away now.

Cracked me up Becky! The picture of riding the Tu Tu, wearing the llama, and all of it! So funny.

Annette, ((((HUGS))))))

Judy, wishing you a fantastic time on the cruise! It's going to be wonderful. Happy birthday to Stan.

Got to go!

MI Judy

Caught a bit of spring today by spending two hours at the Flower and Garden Show. Did not buy anything, but had a nice time with a friend and looking at the display gardens.

It was 24 degrees at 7:30 this morning - and 29 now at 4:30 pm. Still a touch of snow around from Wednesday night.

Judy - have a wonderful trip.