Monday's Air

Donna G

This is weird. I am the first to post today? re Monday.

I am so excited. The weather man this am says we will reach the 40's every day this week and maybe even 50 one day. The down side may be that our snow melts too fast and this increases the risk of flooding some places.

Today I plan the go get my hair done and work out at LA fitness , then take my 2 Border Collie mixes to the Dog Park and let them play and get themselves worn out.

After hearing that Vit D may help prevent lung canceer and am also so happy that my Dr. checked my levels and put me on that supplement. I also take a baby aspirin a day. I really don't want my lung cancer to return!

Please have a Happy Day and pray for those poor people in Japan.

Donna G

Good morning - I am already very busy at work since I have "personal" meetings outside the office every day this week except for today - I figure I need to get something accomplished today even with the elephant sitting over there in the corner.

I imagine it is just a lovely Monday for everyone - don't know about you but that alarm clock moved up an hour this weekend and I want it back and I want it back now. How are we supposed to get by with one hour less of sleep - can't they see these saggy tired eyes. (of course, this afternoon when I drive home from work in the daylight - it will be okay - but darn I hate letting go of that hour.)

Tonight is good tv night - the finale of The Bachelor - i know everyone is anxious to watch this show so I expect to see many people checking on throughout the day so they can turn on the television tonight and relax to good good tv. Right? There will be no laughing about this - I don't laugh when Eric watches the History channel for goodness sake.

I'll check back in later - I need some smiles this week - come on everyone -

Annette

Good morning, everyone!

It was 48 degrees with a big north wind as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 65.

I made my first trip to Aquilla Lake on Saturday, and managed to find some spawning crappie. I brought home 10 nice ones. On Sunday, Rose and I spent the day replacing our bedroom suite.

Daughter Marie is in the hospital this morning. She wasn't responding to anyone's phone calls, so last night after I went to bed, Rose and daughter Linda decided to go to her house and check on her. They found her on the floor and incoherent. Doctors don't think it was an alcohol or drug overdose, but they still don't seem to know what it is. Rose is still at the hospital.

Donna, I've been taking vitamin D since before my surgery. The studies seem to go back and forth on how much good it does with lung cancer, and it's plain that no one understands all the implications yet, but vitamin D has so many other benefits that it seems worth taking to me, even if it turns out not to be the magic pill for lung cancer.

Welcome back, KW Judy! Have a great day, all!

My goodness Bud - my thoughts and prayers are with you this morning I hope that Marie is alright - it is a horrible thing to witness I can attest to that. Please be sure and keep us updated - and if you need a hug or a thought just let us know!

Annette

Morning All! Am on the road in the truck and am missing my RV. Have the computer on my not so large lap and can't use my mouse so I keep losing my pointer but here goes.

Bud, know we are all keeping you in our hearts and thoughts. Nothing worse than a child, however grown, sick, never mind not knowing what it is. How terrible it must have been for Rose and Linda to find her like that. Keep us posted, o.k. On the bright side, ya hoo for the crappie. Great start of the season.

Donna, great to "see" you. Your weather week sound great and your day today near perfect. You guys up there deserve it after the winter you've had. Enjoy the day.

Annette, keep your nose to the grindstone and maybe the rest of the week won't be so bad, or so I hope for you. How did the birthday visit go? Well, I hope. I do think sleeping the weekend through was the best thing you can do. You need to rest and regroup from all the goings on of late. Am not even tempted to laugh but I won't be joining you in watching the bachelor tonight (or any night for that matter lol).

Judy, sounds like a very busy day leading into a late night. I'd have great trouble with that. Hope you enjoyed your show. I saw Bill Cosby on stage in Vegas years ago. The show was fabulous. I happened to see him late one night in the lounge and approached him for an autograph. He was less than friendly. It tainted my view of him a little.

Annette, I'm trying hard to find something funny. How about the picture of me this morning with my legs crossed begging the young Indian guy to let me use his BR. It was a convenience store and I promised to buy something but no dice--he kept insisting his BR was broken. Fortunately, a very nice (Indian) older gentleman in a gas station/convenience store down the road a little saved me. The incident was funny but I'm sure me walking with my legs together was.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Judy - I would watch stupid television with you this week - really I would - I can't believe it - here we sit with our crossed fingers for each other and you are watching something of value - not even laughing with me.

Ok - so let me see - could you feel the swish of the pants legs as you hobbled across the parking lot to the store to ask.... please sir may I use your facilities. Nope I am gonna have to laugh out loud at that picture. Is this not the only time in our lives we wish we were of the opposite sex!

My nephews birthday went very well - we had a good conversation with my mom, me and him. He was very glad mom was out of the hospital. I am not so sure all of her came home - I think that my next issue may be some mind issues on her. She called me at work today and said - where are you we have a 9 a.m. appointment - and I had no idea what she was talking about. Come to find out - I called the Foster Care Prevention lady and she was on her way to my mom's house. I hope that she appeared somewhat sane to her - guess it all hinges on the meeting tomorrow afternoon - and kinda like one of our scans - Court on Friday to reveal the results - Yikes this is not fun.

I need some jokes - some fun - some story - some something - let's go people lighten up. (No not with exercise - with words).

LOL

Annette

Ok, Ok, it's a golf joke, but I am sooooooooooooooo exited, I have a 9:45 tee time on thurs ana an 11 on friday. :cry:

Table Of Contents:

Chapter 1 - How to Properly Line Up Your Fourth Putt

Chapter 2 - How To Hit A Nike From The Rough When You Hit

A Titleist From The Tee

Chapter 3 - How To Avoid The Water When You Lie 8 In A

bunker

Chapter 4 - How To Get More Distance Off The Shank

Chapter 5 - When to Give the Ranger the Finger

Chapter 6 - Using Your Shadow On The Greens To Maximize

Earnings

Chapter 7 - When To Implement Handicap Management (I am

quite voiced on this subject)

Chapter 8 - Proper Excuses For Drinking Beer Before 9 a.m.

Chapter 9 - How To Urinate Behind A 4" x 4" Post, Undetected

Chapter 10 - How To Rationalize A 6 Hour Round

Chapter 11 - When Does a Divot Become Classified as Sod

Chapter 12 - How To Find That Ball That Everyone Else Saw Go

In The Water

Chapter 13 - Why Your Spouse Doesn't Care That You Birdied

the 5th

Chapter 14 - Using Curse Words Creatively to Control Ball Flight

Chapter 15 - How To Let A Foursome Play Through Your

Twosome

Chapter 16 - How To Relax When You Are Hitting Three Off The

Tee

Chapter 17 - When to Suggest Major Swing Corrections To your

opponent

Chapter 18 - God And The Meaning Of The Birdie-To-Bogey Putt

Chapter 19 - When To Regrip Your Ball Retriever

Chapter 20 - Throwing Your Clubs: An Effective Stress-

Reduction Technique

Chapter 21 - Can You Purchase a Better Golf Game?

Chapter 22 - Use A Strong Grip On The Hand Wedge And Weak

Slip On The Foot Wedge

Chapter 23 - Why Male Golfers Will Pay $5.00 A Beer >From The Cart Girl And give Her A $3 Tip, But Will Balk At A $3.50 Beer At The 19th Hole And Stiffthe Bartender.

Liver and Cheese

Three handsome male dogs are walking down the street when they see a beautiful, enticing, female Poodle.

The three male dogs fall all over themselves in an effort to be the one to reach her first, but end up arriving in front of her at the same time.

The males are speechless before her beauty, slobbering on themselves and hoping for just a glance from her in return.

Aware of her charms and her obvious effect on the three suitors, she decides to be kind and tells them, "The first one who can use the words 'liver' and 'cheese' together in an imaginative, intelligent sentence can go out with me."

The sturdy, muscular black Lab speaks up quickly and says, "I love liver and cheese."

"Oh, how childish," said the Poodle. "That shows no imagination or intelligence whatsoever."

She turns to the tall, shiny Golden Retriever and says "How well can you do?"

"Um. I HATE liver and cheese," blurts the Golden Retriever.

"My, my," said the Poodle. "I guess it's hopeless. That's just as dumb as the Lab's sentence."

She then turns to the last of the three dogs and says, "How about you, little guy?"

The last of the three, tiny in stature but big in fame and finesse, is the Taco Bell Chihuahua.

He gives her a smile, a sly wink, turns to the Golden Retriever and the Lab and says....

Liver alone. Cheese mine.

A young blonde was on vacation in the depths of Louisiana. She wanted a pair of genuine alligator shoes in the worst way, but was very reluctant to pay the high prices the local vendors were asking.

After becoming very frustrated with the "no haggle" attitude of one of the shopkeepers, the blonde shouted, "Maybe I'll just go out and catch my own alligator so I can get a pair of shoes at a reasonable price!"

The shopkeeper said, "By all means, be my guest. Maybe you'll luck out and catch yourself a big one!"

Determined, the blonde turned and headed for the swamps, set on catching herself an alligator. Later in the day, the shopkeeper is driving home, when he spots the young woman standing waist deep in the water, shotgun in hand. Just then, he sees a huge 9 foot alligator swimming quickly toward her.

She takes aim, kills the creature and with a great deal of effort hauls it on to the swamp bank. Lying nearby were several more of the dead creatures. The shopkeeper watches in amazement.

Just then the blonde flips the alligator on its back, and frustrated, shouts out, "Dang it, this one isn't wearing any shoes either!"

My son-in-law is a golf fanatic I am going to have to pass this on to him - and -

I hope that your golf score at the end of both days is something to smile about not laugh......

and

Paulette - absolutely laughing out loud - I so needed that - now who can I pass them on to.

Good evening all. We hit the 40's today I almost went for a swim in the lake. lol. It needs to be at least 85 before you catch me there. I need to catch up on the weekend posts.

Just a quick post to say hi. Real busy monday home at 5:30 and leaving in ten minutes. Judy in KW a warm welcome back, I missed you and thank you for your post on my results page :D I bet you are real tired and did way too much while you were gone. Just take a few days to relax everything at home can wait. Trust me it will all be there for you. It will not have legs and walk away.

Annette I will take some of your stress for you. I wish you did not have so much on your plate and then to have to go to work and act like everything is just wondersul, stinks.... I can relate to that. Work probably does help you keep you mind off things.

Hey I want to watch stupid televsion too!! Hopefully I will find time one night. Survivor is on Wenesday that will be my night.

Have a good night all.

Liibby

Oh my goodness. Wrote a long post, responding to all of you, and it disappeared, before I even hit submit. I hate that. I was typing, and the dreaded "clock" came on and the post disappeared.

Not going to try to duplicate it.

Just know I loved the jokes, and love hearing from you all.

MI Judy

• 1 month later...