This Stinks

jaminkw

Wish I could be more upbeat but I can't seem to catch a break. It's been over a year since I heard remission and since last May can't even manage a stable. I'd be happy with stable. Anyway, it is what it is, the "p" word.

My onc seems as frustrated as I am. She called the radiologist and asked if the progression was slight; he said no. She tried to get me into a study. She said there are a lot of great drugs coming along out there. They won't take me because there is not discrete tumor, making it impossible to definitively measure progress/shrinkage. She said the radiologist took a section of my "thickening" and measured it comparing it to the last scan for her. That was 1.something and this was 3.something. What I heard her say was it doubled. It figures with how I've been feeling bloated even when I'm hungry. And when I try to eat, I eat just a little and am full. She said there is fluid build up too and the fluid and thickening are compressing my stomach so I won't be able to eat as much. But I'm not losing weight, probably because of the fluid.

It all sounds awful but it's not that bad. I still look good and feel pretty darn well. She said o.k. to my staying on Tarceva after I told her if she changed my treatment I was taking a break. I had already made up my mind to that. Scan again in 3 mos so I need to get prepared to go back on chemo then, sigh.

I'm sad and scared that 3 yrs in, I'm turning bad. Thanks for listening.

Judy in KW

I wish I was able to give you a gentle bear hug and we could pout together about this. Not at all what I wanted to hear needless to say.

I'm thankful they are letting you stay on the Tarceva - maybe since you took it on a good vacation it is ready to get back to work!

I'm thinking about you,

Annette

Hi Judy,

Wish things could be other than they are,I understand why you feel scared,sad and a bit more than frustated,I am trying to get a handle on your situation,all seems so vague and difficult to get a clear understanding,think Dr West might shed a bit more light?,its all too technical for me.Just know I am thinking about you,and hoping things for you will improve.

Judy,

Cr#p. This sweet site doesn't allow true cussing. As always, great that you went on your cruise before the scan. Such an odd course your disease has taken. Do check back in at Grace - update your signature so Dr. Pinder and all might have some insight. Sending tender cyberhugs.

Stephanie

Well darnitall, Judy. This certainly DOES stink. I wish I had some words of wisdom or suggestion as to where to go from here. You are always on top of things and certainly would follow the right path. Maybe contact NIH and talks to someone there for an idea? I'm just disappointed for you and frustrated as well. Stay vigilant and leave no stone unturned. I will do the same. Just so sorry to hear this, friend.

Kasey

Judy,

I always feel like I'm such a newbie to this site. And then I really read the history of folks that came before me and see that they were diagnosed after me. And then I have to not be surprised by my new predicament.

Just wishing the best for you. You are loved.

MI Judy

Dangit, so sorry to read this, Judy. I'm also having a hard time coming up with positive things for you. Did your onc say what chemo she thinks you should try next?

(((Judy))), just let us be here for you through this. You never want to complain about anything, but sometimes it just helps to get it all out. There are a lot of very understanding and knowledgeable folks here who truly love you and want to be here to help in any way we can, so let us.. Ok? To say I just wish I could make it all go away is an understatement. Thinking of you and sending lots of cyber hugs your way.

Love,

Sue

Judy, I havent been posting much lately due to many things going on and just taking a break from cancer but when I saw your update I felt I need to reply. You have always been so helpful to so many others and a bright spot in so many lifes. I wish so much I had the words to comfort and guide you. I pray that you may in someway find that from the people here on this board that love and admire you.You may be short in stature but you are a giant on this board.

Judy gentle hugs to you... I am so sorry to read your post. This disease really sucks big time and I can't wait until the day comes when it will be kicked in the as* by a cure once and for all.

I am sending healing and tranquil meditation prayers to you.

My heart to yours Judy... I know you will keep fighting and I know they will find something that will work for you. I pray for that.

Maryanne