Today would have been 21 years

Outrider1

Hello all,

I haven't been on in a while as life has intruded making it difficult.

Today would have been my 21st wedding anniversary, if my hubby had lived this long. Although he didn't die of any cancer related issues, it was a sudden and unexpected death.

Today I find myself remembering the funny things, the good thins and getting a little teary eyed . I am not teary because I am sad, I'm teary because I miss those silly things he used to do and the things that I used to do with him, like grabbing on of his belt loops to slow his pace down if we were walking together somewhere, At 6'3" to my 5'1 his longer legs kept me running to keep up, so I would grab his belt loop and he would slow down so we could walk together. Or him waking me up at 2 in the morning giggling because he was thinking about the song " Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavor on the Bedpost Overnight" I am reminded of one of his favorite songs, that he used to sing as he was looking at himself in the mirror, shaving, every other day or so.I find myself a little teary eyed but smiling all at the same time.

Maybe you will see why, he was such a great guy when you listen to this link on you tube.

or this one

and this one

The last two songs always end up with me dancing in my seat, and lighten my mood tremendously.

So, On this anniversary I am playing them and others that he liked as a tribute to him and because, it's these little things that make me happy to have had him in my life.

Now that I have gotten that off my chest, all of you cherish the ones you love while you have them, and remember them with happiness if they have passed, as they have never really left us.

Dawn

P.S, Raise a glass of green beer and have a Happy St. Paddy's[ day!!

Although your post sad - it's awfully nice to see you check in - I think about you often and remember some of those day time chats. I also think of anyone living in the great state of Texas as that is my home state. I hope that you enjoy your memories - and check back here when you can.

Annette