From Neds Wife 3/28 NEW 3/30

KatieB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ned was admitted to the hospital on Friday because an MRI done earlier in the day showed significant swelling of his brain. The condition brought on a sudden onset of physical and mental impairment. The doctors are currently treating him with steroids. Hopefully this will bring the swelling down.

I want to take this means to express our deepest appreciation and gratitude for the encouragement and support he has received from all of you during the past years. He considers you all close friends, "talking" online has been the highlight of his day and has certainly energized him in so many beneficial ways.

I am sorry that I have not communicated with all of you prior to this event.

Thank you all so much.

Lani (Ned's wife)

I've "known" "NED" for so long it seems....he has always been a huge support to our family at Lung Cancer Support Community and became a duel ambassador to both LUNGevity and GRACE.

I am SO saddened by this news and my heart is heavy for Leon and his family.

I will keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you Lani and Dr. West for keeping us updated during this time.

(((hugs)))

I just saw this on the Grace forum -- thank you for posting it here.

I've been thinking about Ned every day and although the news is not good, it's a relief to know what is going on. I will keep him and his family in my thoughts until he's back.

I really do feel like I'm losing my mind. I came here expecting to see my earlier post and didn't find it. Posted again--did I hit submit?--only to go out and find my first one, then back here and the second not here. There are two threads. Whatever, Ned we are all here championing your cause. Get better and get back here o.k. We need your strength and wisdom.

Judy in KW

I am so sorry to hear this. Thanks for letting us know, however.

I remember Ned most from my days (not too many of them) moderating the Tues. night Chat room. He always had good answers to people's questions. And more tactful than some of my answers. Prayers for both of you.

Muriel

Hi Lani,

I am so sorry to hear of Neds situation,really wishing hoping and praying,that he makes a full recovery and soon.I have benefitted so much from his posts since I arrived here,I so want him to return to his old self and continue posting.

I am sure you know just how much he is loved here by everyone,please know you are not alone,we are with you, always,look after yourself.

Thank you so very, very much for your love and encouragement. I have made a copy of the posts and will read them to Ned when I see him this morning. I know he will be truly grateful for all of your support. As of yesterday, the doctors see no indication of improvement, despite the increase of steroids. I remain hopeful that today will bring better results. His daughters will be flying to Hawaii from Michigan and Tennessee this week to add support to Ned's little Hawaii crew (our son and me). I know that he will be happy to have them near. I will try to keep all of you updated. Please excuse me if I am occasionally tardy. Ned cherishes being part of your community. Believe me that you uplifted him always, kept him engaged and invigorated, and helped him to develop a philosophy on life that is certainly sustaining him now. Thank you again to everyone.

Aloha, Lani