Thursday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! I don't want to do this. When I posted "Thursday" that meant only two more days to get ready for the trip. Need to get my butt in gear.

Well I've opened the windows and let the Air in as Ann would say but that's about all I have time for right now. I had to do a post "Doubts" before I came here so I need to go. Come in and chat. I'll be back and hopefully a good number of you as well. Darn there was a funny joke about sagging boobs and a couple of nuts in a foward and I erased it. Sorry Annette.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

It is rainy here - and that makes your mood rainy - (almost as being at work makes my mood rainy). But I'm gonna try and lighten up for just a second -

Joke 1

Two guys are sitting on a bar stool. One starts to insult the other one. He screams, “I slept with your mother!” The bar gets quiet as everyone listens to see what the other weasel will do. The first again yells, “I SLEPT WITH YOUR MOTHER!”

The other says, “Go home dad you’re drunk.”

Joke 2

Texan: “Where are you from?”

Harvard grad: “I come from a place where we do not end our sentences with prepositions.”

Texan: “Okay – where are you from, jacka$$?”

(Gotta admit - as a Texan - this one did not do it for me!!!)

Joke 3 - A Better Texan Joke.....

Long-Distance Calls

A man in Topeka, Kansas decided to write a book about churches around the country. He started by flying to San Francisco and worked east from there. Going to a very large church, he began taking photographs and notes. He spotted a golden telephone on the vestibule wall and was intrigued by a sign which read: "$10,000 a minute." Seeking out the Pastor he asked about the phone and the sign. The Pastor explained that the golden phone was, in fact, a direct line to Heaven and if he paid the price he could talk directly to God. The man thanked the Pastor and continued on his way. As he continued to visit churches in Seattle, San Diego, Chicago, Greensboro, Tampa and all around the United States, he found more phones with the same sign and got the same answer from each Pastor.

Finally, he arrived in Texas. Upon entering a church in Dallas, behold, he saw the usual golden telephone. But THIS time, the sign read: "Calls: 35 cents." Fascinated, he asked to talk to the Pastor.

"Reverend, I have been in cities all across the country and in each church I have found this golden telephone. I have been told it is a direct line to Heaven and that I could talk to God, but, in the other churches the cost was $10,000 a minute. Your sign reads 35 cents. Why?"

The Pastor, smiling benignly, replied, "Son, you're in Texas now... It's a local call."

For those of us that work - one more day to Friday....

And let me ask Ann a question - - - when you are President - does that mean you have to work everyday - because we have this TGIF think going on here - and you are an integral part of that operation.

Annette

Good morning, everyone!

It was 38 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 75.

I did something last night that I never do. I ordered two books from Amazon. Can anyone guess what they're about? Here's a hint: it's all Stephanie's fault.

What did you have at TGI Fridays, MI Judy? I hope you had a great anniversary dinner, Diane. Congrats! Have a great day, all!

Morning Annette, you did good girl. Funny jokes!

Bud you are straining my brain here but I think it can use the exercise. Let's see, Stephanie...all I can think of is this recipe for granola sitting on my counter with all the ingredients waiting for me to make it lol.

Bruce, hellooooooo, calves? Come on make my day cowboy lol.

Judy in KW

Good morning! Well 4 minutes from afternoon. I'm trying my best to sleep this cold away and I'm thinking it's working. I've been up for an hour, and (whispers) have only coughed once!

Bud, the dinner was fantastic. I had chicken pasta marsala, and it was filled with chicken, peppers, capers, a light garlic sauce and very thin pasta. Yum. Oh, and one drinky! It was nice.

Unless I go scour Stephanie's post, I can not guess what books you bought. Heck, I have to check the calendar to see what day it is each morning, let alone remember that! I need to exercise. *sigh* I think that helps with brain power.

Annette, excellent joke. The first one had me cracking up big time!

Here's a cute Father/Son joke for the theme...not as good as yours but cute:

A father and son went fishing one day. While they were out in the boat, the boy suddenly became curious about the world around him. He asked his father, "How does this boat float?

The father replied, "Don't rightly know son." A little later, the boy looked at his father and asked, "How do fish breath underwater?"

Once again the father replied, "Don't rightly know son." A little later the boy asked his father, "Why is the sky blue?"

Again, the father repied. "Don't rightly know son." Finally, the boy asked his father, "Dad, do you mind my asking you all of these questions?"

The father replied, "Of course not, you don't ask questions, you never learn nothin'."

Judy, I'm thinking our resident cowboy is getting very busy with Spring time coming. Now his Spring is certainly very different from ours, or maybe I should say yours! But it's spring none the less.

Well, I'm going to clean the house today. Who hooooo. I have a day off from Gilda's. The man is out all day networking on 3 job opportunities. So my and my Swiffer are going to get a work out.

Hugs.

MI Judy

This has been one of those Thursdays at work that I could have lived without - so thank you everyone for the jokes! Will get me through til 5 - and as already mentioned - tomorrow is Friday!!

Judy MI your dinner sounds wonderful. The sun came out yesterday and we did make it out to the river for dinner. Had Hazelnut crusted Halibut - was soo good! The sun is actually out again today and I believe it's in the mid-60s! I don't think it's supposed to last, but definitely now have spring fever. Of course it will be rainy and cold again for the weekend - it's like that every spring here - sun during the week and rain on the weekends :cry:

Diane