Update from NEDs Wife 3/31/ UPDATE 4/5

KatieB

Dear Grace Family,

Just a quick update on Ned. Although more awake than in the past few days, the doctors have not seen any real improvement. Because they have suspended further therapies except for the steroids, he is no longer considered "Acute" care and discharge is imminent. I received the information yesterday. I hope to have time to develop the best care plan possible for Ned. Hopefully, I will know more today. There are so many issues and items to check on. I read all of your "posts" to him and I could see from his facial expressions that he knew each one of you and tremendously appreciated your support. I am also grateful for the outpouring of encouragement you have given us. I will try to keep you updated because I know how much you care about Ned.

Aloha, Lani

Lani, thank you for the update. It brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe you are taking time to comfort us when your heart must be breaking. I'm sure you will arrange the best care plan possible. Please do not forget to factor in taking care of you. Love and comfort also to your son and daughters.

Judy in KW

Lani - my thoughts and prayers continue to be with you, Ned and the rest of your family. It just isn't the same without Ned's posts and while I do not know him as well as some of the others, he was kind enough to help me with pictures of my new grandson. I pray he is back posting soon.

Diane

Yesterday, we transfered Ned to a facility closer to our home, a much easier drive for me and for his daughters. The floor is much quieter than the noisy hustle and bustle of the Honolulu hospital. It is more country, family-style here--laid back, mellow. Ned took full advantage of the chance to get several hours of sleep. The children and I talk about all of you and how much you mean to Ned. We all send our thanks and love to all of you. Life is so often filled with the unexpected. I am so glad that he had all of you.

Aloha, Lani

So grateful Ned has been transferred to a more peaceful environment. Good that it's closer for you as well Lani. Please remember to take exxtra care of yourself during this hard time. Please tell Ned we miss him and are holding him firmly in prayer.