We met here in 2003...

I have "known" her for years here on LCSC (Since 2003), but just met her for the first time face-to-face on Friday at the start of the LUNGevity Advocacy Weekend (National Volunteer Weekend for event coordinators).

This is a testament to the evolution of the lung cancer journey...from fear and uncertainty-to grieving- to renewed hope and a desire to "DO" something by becoming an advocate against this disease.

Carleen is starting a LUNGevity walk in WI !!!

I'm so proud of her and it was so wonderful to hug and hug and hug her in person.post-7-141270978857_thumb.jpg

Like so many of those who were here years ago, I followed Carleen and Keith's journey. I love her. Carleen was the first person to donate when I walked for the first time in MA. Her name and Keith's are on the sweatshirt I made honoring those who supported me that year. I will always remember both of them. Their love story was breathtaking. Wish I could have hugged her too.

Kasey

She is remarried now. He is very nice- I met him too! He also knew Keith. Together they are working to raise awareness and fund life-saving research thru LUNGevity !!

I'm so proud of her!