Prayers Please

nikkala

Please say a prayer for my daughter Nicole. She has been sick with severe flu like symptoms on and off over the last 2 months. She went for her yearly check up 2 weeks ago and it was found that she was quite anemic. Started her on iron fe. This week she got very sick again. Took her in and they sent her for bloodwork yesterday and the doc just called me at 8:30 at night to tell me her white cell count is very low and further tests are needed tomorrow. On top of the lung cancer in my family we have also had 2 immediate family members with blood cancers,lymphoma and multiple myeloma. My mind is already racing with crazy thoughts. PLEASE just pray that this will all turn out OK. and Thanks for letting me vent.

Prayers already said, Lisa. Try to keep those crazy thoughts under control until all testing is done and results are in. FYI........flu around here has been brutal. Many people very sick for extended periods of time ~ me being one of them. 3+ weeks and still wasn't really back to what my normal is. Keep that in mind! And be sure to let us know how she's doing.

Kasey

Thank you for your Prayers. Went to the doc to pick up blood tests order, looked like he's ordering the same tests???? He wasnt there so I didn't get to talk to him at all.. White cell count was 2.7 , normal 4.0-11, hemoglobin is 11.3, normal 11.7-15.7, MCH 25normal (27-32,), MCHC 30 normal(32-36), RDW 20.7 normal 11-14.5. Anyone know anything about this stuff??? Please continue prayers

Still going for more blood tests today(4th Round in 1 1/2 wks), white cell count hasn't dropped but still hasn't raised. Meeting with Doc on Wed and if things are not improving I am calling a hematologist. Please continue prayers.

Thank you all

Well going back to dr tomorrow. I alm,ost called today to get results but I couldn't. I am just terrified, especially since she had to go to school late today cause I couldn't even get her up, after sleeping 9 hours she slept 2 more and this is getting to be a regular thing. Her fatigue is getting REAL bad. PLEASE PRAY for good news. And thanks for letting me cvent

THANKS

Thank you all soooo much for your thoughts and prayers and listening. My daughter, Nicoles white cells are back up within range. 4.5. However she is still anemic after taking 2 Iron fe pills for a month now. He is following up with her in a month but said if she gets anymore fatigued or anything changes to get her right back in. He said the diagnosis would be viral suppression acute neutropenia. He seemed ALOT more concerned that we also have two family members with LUPUS in our family.

Sooo... Things are good right now and I am so GRATEFUL.

Oh and I guess I can breath now.

Thank you all so much for taking your time to listen.

Hi Nikkala,

Gosh you have gone through the mill,thankfully much better dx than the worst you imagined,though I dont know what the dx means?Best Wishes to you and your daughter.