We've lost a beloved member...

KatieB

For those of you who do not read all the forums, I found this in SCLC. We've lost a pioneer member of LCSC and a great great friend to many of us here, Dr. Sam :cry:

This is sam's grandson, and I would like everyone to take a minute to remember Sam Rakestraw. Sam passed away today and we are having to deal with the sarrow that comes with it. We already miss his humor and funny personality. Please say a player for him.

This is Ada's husband Jim. I am so sad to see this post. Ada was so fond of Sam during her several years on the board. She talked about him often and respected him so much. I know they emailed often. I continue to check into the board almost every night to check on names that I was familiar with thru Ada. I am deeply saddened by this news. Today is Ada's birthday. so this news somehow brings back 2 1/2 years of memories. I am praying for everyone. Dr. Sam and Ada are finally meeting in person.

That is too sad. I will really miss Dr Sam. I wondered lately why he posted so little. He really helped us so much with his knowledgeable comments. He really touched so many lives with his caring. We will miss him. Donna G

God bless ya Sam,

:(

Thank you for all the wonderful things that you did, You will be truely missed by many. many prayers and peace today!!

God bless us all

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Just want to let everyone know that if you go back to the "goodbye sam" post and find Dave G's entry with Sam's obituary, you can access an on-line guest book and submit a message to the family.

He will be so greatly missed here.

Rochelle