FRIDAY'S AIR

jaminkw

Morning All! Bet some of you have a half day today or no day at all. Hope so. Especially for you Annette, you really need a rest but with Spring Break....I don't know.

I got up and dressed and went out with Stan to pick up Dominick from school. He had a half-day and we stopped to let him run the dog. He stayed home on his computer with his keyboard and bass guitar. He's taking lessons and showing quite a talent musically.

My bounce-back is going slower than I would like. I was running a low grade temp last night. But I was when I left the hospital and no one seemed at all concerned. It dawned on me last night that I saw a half-dozen or more docs over the couple of days I was in the hospital. But not one removed the bandages and looked at my stomach where the tube had been inserted. I've stopped draining and hope it's o.k. but don't have the faintest how it's supposed to look like.

We're staying thru the weekend because traveling to the Keys on Easter weekend is just crazy. But I really am ready to go home.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Judy in Port St Lucie

Good morning (and that was really spelled Grrrr). Thank goodness it is Friday - Here I am at work once again with the nephew sitting across the desk from me - his little beady red eyes, runny nose and cough are going to drive me crazy (he is allergic to every tree, grass and pet out there). He went right back to sleep after I woke him this morning which really irritates me cause I am the type of person that times it so I get out the door and to work about an hour ahead of time - so I wound up waiting on his little behind.

I expect my moms doctor to call me today - I had the nurse leave my number on the chart. They (mom and the nurse) said "I'm gonna try and get you out of here this weekend" - and I told the nurse that was just great but if she was still in the hospital on Monday I was gonna have to break her out for an hour or two cause I'm thinking my nephew's court date is pretty darn important.

Judy - I'm thinking that your daughter would know exactly what the wound should look like and I'm guessing as long as it is not read and slowly healing you are on the right track. I know you are anxious to get home but I'm betting the grandson is happy to have you for a minute. I think if it were me I would call the doctor about the fever just to make sure before you drove all the way down the keys and I remember how horrible traffic is on well most good days - it's not like you can take a shortcut - unless you got a big boat - really big boat. I think about you every day and hope that you are doing better.

Is it quittin' time yet,

Annette

Good Afternoon All,

Annette,its Good Friday,why are you at work? do Americans not get Hols?dont tell me you will be working Easter Monday also?.Well not done very much today,drove Sally to work went to to the supermarket to get some shopping in,should have checked the fridge first LOL,seems we now have about ten litre cartons of various fruit juices and too many steak and chicken pies.Weather bit cool and overcast this morning but brightening up fine and warm now,going outside after this post to sit and read todays newspapers.To-morrow Bar-B-Que at Susans House all day affair,all the usual suspects,Sally will be at work during the day,so will arrive by taxi afterwards.Good photo opertunity on Easter Sunday-going to miss ABC though-going to Yorkhill Hospital for Sick Children-every year on Easter Sunday, Bikers from all Scotland bringing easter prezzies for all the kids there,yes all the redneck heavy metal types you can imagine but with hearts as soft as putty,my sister Dot's husband Jim works in the Hospital and visits this occassion every year this will be my first visit,apparently theres hundreds that turn up,many in wait for it-bunny costumes-can you imagine a twenty stone biker in one of these-and their bikes all dressed up also,I must be very careful about taking pics of these guys,dont want to end up literally in the hospital in one of its beds LOL.

Coming home from the shops today,postie had been,I think I had told you about me writing an appeal against my parking penalty two weeks ago,well they turned me down,rats,letter was really mean and nasty-they also have made a mistake-they wrote that my fine was for non-display of my parking ticket,when it was on full display on my dash board,and my ticket says it was for parking time expirey.Anyway I wrote a letter to point this out also agreeing at the end of the letter writing I would go online and pay the fine,guess what? my cars registration number is YP57UFR,in their letter to me its YP57NFR,well when I went on line there is no fine on a car YP57UFR,but there is for YP57NFR which technically and legally is not my car,I asked them how I should now proceed,or will I get the nice solicitor I was visiting on the day of the parking offence to contact to contact them instead.

My daughter had been given a speeding ticket which had a digit error in it also,her friend a policewoman told her the violation will be rescinded because og this error,so she wrote to the Procturator Fiscal to point out the error-case dropped,this is fun isnt it?Cannot wait to see what happens next?.

Judy KW,I am so confused I thought you were back in the keys?-doh-sorry you are not back to being 100% but you are making progress,hope you get back home soon.Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.Bye.

Eric and bikers whatever will be next. I have a story about bikers as well....my mom calls it my rebellion years and I was in my 30s. I actually rode with one of those "redneck heavy metal types you can imagine but with hearts as soft as putty" guys on the Children's Hospital of the Kings Daughter run. Like Eric the ride ended with dropping stuffed animals in boxes for the children - wait a minute I seem to recall that the ride was followed by a visit to a nearby "pub" - my memory may be a little vague on this though LOL.

Like yours though many people came out to see the bikes pass by - I think it was about this time of year - but it is in Virginia Beach and I live in Richmond now.

Memories......

Hey folks

Been a while since I had a chance to visit the site other than to read a few post. Had to go and pick up 4 purebred, registered Red Angus cow's for the farm and the bull I bought in January arrived yesterday. This little hobby is getting expensive. No new calves lately but still waiting on 3 more to decide that it is time to appear.

Beginning to get busy with work and will be traveling alot over the summer. Annette I agree with you that this work thing really cuts into the fun time. really sucks to be working on Good friday though.

Eric I have seen alot of those burly biker's delivering fuzzy toy's. i guess you really can't judge a book by it's cover.

Judy I thought you were back home as well !! Take care.

Hi Annette,

You finished at work yet,nice biker memories eh?laughed at memory loss following the pub visit,yeah thats happened to me also,wonder what the cause is?.Do you know i was going outside to read the papers ages ago,this laptop thingy is quite addictive isnt it?.

Hooray Bruce is back,boy you are busy arnt you,only heard of Black Aberdeen Augus's are the Red ones the same breed?Gosh this calving lark is taking ages,are you still smoking and pacing the floor?.I have the champers on ice,just give me the news when your first born arrives,think he will look like his daddy?

The Red are very similar to Black Angus Eric. most farmers use a Red Angus bull to breed their first time cow's because they are easy calving.

The first born calf is almost a couple weeks old now. I emailed Judy KW a picture so I'm sure she will post it when she gets time. He does look like his Daddy who was a Herdford bull because he has a white face.

If you soon don't get to reading your paper it will be day old news. LOL

Hi Annette,

Yes me again-I mentioned previously among the castles I was going to visit was Inverary,this is the ancestral home of the Clan Campbell,I had today been in contact with Dawn to go on to you tube and type in "The Corries" and watch my favourite Scottish folk duo singing a collection of their songs,so many I just love,they also make all their own instruments as well you know.Anyway one their songs "Massacre of Glencoe" relates to a particularly nasty bit of Scottish history where the Campbells arrived at the glencoe village of the MacDonalds and shared their hospitality then later when the MacDonalds went to sleep the Campbells turned on them,some escaped into the hills but being January many died with exposure.I think you will really enjoy theri music-oh the one singing at the opening of the song died not so long ago with a brain hem (sorry cannot spell it)His buddy later reflecting on his musical talents said "The angels must look to their laurels now" which I must echo.

Hi there! What a chatty group we have today! Eric, I think for most of us, there is no special time off for Easter. Some companies close early to allow folks to go to church on Good Friday afternoon, but I think that is even getting rare.

Went to lunch with a girlfriend, and there were gobs of people outside of a church. A waitress said they were going to carry the cross around town. She wondered what that meant. I explained that today was Good Friday and they are doing this in memory of the Christ who died today 2011 years ago. It was an interesting exchange of history.

So Bruce, you have a farm, and lots of animals PLUS a full time job? Isn't a farm a full time job???? YOu are one busy man! Good for you.

Seems we all have stories about these big, burly, tough looking bikers that are big softies when it comes to charities. We have a large group here that raise money for Gilda's Club. We assemble a crowd at the club so when they come by, we can thank them and cheer them on.

Annette, it must be such a stress to have the nephew sniffling and snuffling across from you as you try to work! I hope this all gets resolved soon!

Judy, I've only been to KW once, and I know what you mean about the traveling on the Keys. When we left to go home, there was an accident and we sat for a very long time while they cleaned it up. It's not like there's anywhere to go to drive around rush hour traffic, or accidents. What would terrify me is if they came out with a Hurricane warning, and everyone was trying to get out of the Keys at once, and feeling like a sitting duck as you deal with traffic!

Hope you get home soon and feel better soon.

We are going to my brother's house, an hour and a half away, for Easter dinner. Now that everyone knows Randy is the Grillin' Guy, they want him to cook for all of our family stuff. So he's been recruited to grill the lamb chops. Which is awesome, because his recipe is delicious!

Well, wishing everyone a lovely and blessed Easter weekend.

Judy in MI

Judy (MI) - the advantage of living in the keys is that if there is a hurricane and they evacuate the keys they make the highway one way up. They have the capability to make some of our highways one way from Virginia Beach, Norfolk, etc. in case of hurricanes too - they have like traffic arms at the entrance ramps that they can close if need be. I've never seen them close the Virginia one but I vaguely remember them closing the Keys once because my ex-husband tried to get down from Miami to pick us up.

Annette

Good afternoon, everyone! It was 69 degrees when I got up this morning. It's 90 degrees now, still a full two months away from the first day of summer......LOL.

Rose and I caught a nice mess of crappie at Cedar Creek Wednesday. When I found out the wind wouldn't be bad yesterday, I made a close to home fishing trip to Lake Benbrook. I brought home 5 nice crappie from there.

This morning, I got up, hopped on my bike, and rode. I just finished up my ride, ending up with 92 miles. I've done so few longer rides lately that I'm feeling pretty wiped out from today's ride. Of course, the 30 mph wind didn't make the ride any easier.

I hope you're feeling better by now, KW Judy. I think I'm going to take a shower, then vegetate in front of the TV for a while.

Have a great day, all!

Hi everyone, I havent posted for quite awhile so I just wanted to pop in and say hi. Has anyone heard any updates on Ned? I was sorry to read the latest. Is my understanding correct that his real first name is Leon. I never knew that before. Leon spelled backwards is Noel. Noel stands for Christmas and somehow that seems fitting for Ned. Anyway I hope you all have a Happy Easter and those of you who are having a hard go of it,your in my thoughts and prayers.