NED

KatieB

My heart breaks for the loss of our friend NED.

I am most grateful for the length of time given to us between his first diagnosis and yesterday. I consider the years true gifts for all of us, time he spent so well, time when each day was precious and usually celebrated as such. I even cherish the last month, despite the hectic, alarming frenzy, because it allowed me to care for Ned, to show him my love every minute, and to leave nothing unsaid.

Ned has meant a great deal to this community and to a great many of us as individuals -- as well as to me personally. He made the world a better place for being part of it, and he will be dearly missed.

I will be donating to a fund that will create a fitting tribute to Ned, and I invite others to do the same. If you can, please visit http://cancergrace.org/donate/ and specify that the donation is in memory of our dear friend Ned.

Lani has also suggested that if anyone wishes to send a message to his family, her e-mail address is lanined@hawaii.rr.com.

http://cancergrace.org/forums/index.php ... l#msg71814

My thoughts Prayers and condolences to Neds Family. He will truly be missed here and has always been a driving force here at LCSC!!

I'm so sad tonight. I can't imagine coming to this site knowing I'll never see him again. I'm sad for him that he finally had to give in to this horrible disease, I'm sad for his family losing a great guy and I'm sad for all of us losing a good friend. May God watch over us all tonight and always. Rest in Peace NED.

I am heartbroken to hear this news. Ned was such a great friend to all of us and he will be greatly missed. I have been a member of this group for many years now but losing one of our friends never gets any easier to bear. I pray that God will wrap his arms around Ned's family and guide them through this difficult time.

Looks like the outpouring of remembrances and condolences has crashed the Grace server. Thanks Katie for letting us know here at LCSC. Ned, I hope those Hawaiian breezes and sweet summer caresses never end. Lani and family, I am so sorry for your loss and wish you much peace in the days ahead.

Mahalo Ned.

Stephanie

Iam so saddened by this news,its so strange that someone who I have never actually met,and have only known for just over a year,should have such an effect on me at his passing.Thank you Ned,you welcomed me here and became my friend,I am going to miss you so much.

Like he was for so many here, Ned was among the first to welcome me here, and when I mistakenly posted my story in the wrong forum, he quickly stepped in and moved it for me. I'll always remember him for his kind and helpful and encouraging ways, a friend who could always be depended on.

Aloha, Ned. RIP. Condolences to Lani and all his family and friends. I'll miss him so much here.

This is a tragedy, a loss I don't feel prepared to deal with. Ned I hope your spirit lingers to feel the outpouring of afffection from so many people you touched thru Grace and LCSC. Lani and family, I cannot imagine your grief. May you find comfort in the coming days, weeks and months.

Judy in KW

Speechless....such a sad day...Ned will be sadly missed by all of us. I remember when he first joined, he was glad he had the name we love NED...

Even when so many went on fb Ned was always here on LCSC to help anyone who needed help with all the encouragement and hope he gave our

members inmeasurable... Ned was a class act...Heaven is lucky to have this wonderful soul....

Maryanne

Ned has proved that through it all, we still have hope. With the surprise of his passing, comes the realization that I just expected him to be here indefinitely, proving that I have not lost hope. He will certainly leave a hole in this community that will never be filled, and I'll miss him. I can only imagine the hole he leaves for those who knew him in real life.

Aloha, Ned. Happy trails.

This is such hard news to hear. I am so very sad. The responses so far just prove what an amazing site this is, how much support it offers all of us. Ned was such an amazing source of that support for so many. He was very often the first one to respond to new members, he was always there for all of us when we were scared, had a question, had good news or bad. We never met him in person, yet we all counted him as a good friend. His warmth, compassion and friendship were a gift to us all. The loss is great. Aloha Ned.