Wednesday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! It's a beautiful time of year in KW, my favorite. Seventies at night, eighties in the daytime. I'm sorry I didn't make it in yesterday but all my computer time was taken trying to get Quickbooks restored so I could work again. Hope I'm there.

I made myself a promise on the way home in the coach. I have been not well for so long and was feeling as bad as I can remember for about five days after my taxotere. Between my work for our company (that's what I mean when I say MEI) and simple household chores, I spend too much time in the house. I'm making a special effort every day I feel tolerably well to get out of the house. Tea with Stan on the deck in the morning. I walked down the dock for a short visit with friends who are leaving soon. I was really glad I did it because things went south in the afternoon. I really need to concentrate on trying remedies to feel better when that happens. Instead, I lay on the couch just miserable. So, if I'm not around every day, be patient. I'm on my way back.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

PS Have got to get it together to post Bruce's adorable calf or I'm afraid he won't send me a pic of the next one lol.

Good morning - I slept in to the last minute and timed my entrance to work to 8 a.m. - no more early morning for me. Well for today anyway. I've got a lot of work to do and If I concentrate I can knock it out it's just I seem to have misplaced that button - you know the one you push at work that puts you in the work mode. I moved everything around on my desk - made pretty little piles that always makes me happy - and rearranged the piles - they are all still there none seem to want to go away without some sort of input from me. Kinda like dinner not cooking itself.

I would much rather stay here and read everyones posts all day long - but I suppose the day will pass faster if I do a tiny little bit of work.

Judy - I hope that you start to feel better longer every day - I am sure you can find something that helps - I'm thinking I could go for a nice cup of tea about now - maybe I'll walk across the street and get a cup of coffee - maybe the warmth will wake me up. I also hope you got your quick books up and running properly.

Almost 1/2 way thru the work week for those of us chained to the grindstone. Of course I will check back in later - anything that makes me take a break from work is worth doing right.

Annette

Hey folks

Another great morning with sunshine and blue sky's. Seen a few deer out in the field this morning. Annette, as I walked out this morning to check on all the animals, I really appreciate not having to sit behind that desk for 40 or 50 hours per week.

Getting off the couch and going out around sound's like a great plan Judy. I am sure that Stan enjoy's the morning coffee. Another calf picture in your email. This one is a girl and was born yesterday. It was my son Stephen's birthday so Stephanie is her name.

Good morning, everyone!

It was 59 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 73. There were tornado warnings all over the place again yesterday evening, but it was all south and east of here, nothing close. It's sunny and cooler now, so maybe the storms are over for a bit.

Yes, KW Judy and Bruce, my hand isn't keeping me from riding. It is keeping me from doing my twice a week core muscle exercises and my dumbbell work, though. I hope I can resume those before long. One of the nicest things about cycling is that it's low impact enough that you can still do it through lots of maladies.

Becky, I'm glad to hear the mri results were good. KW Judy, I hope you feel better today. Have a great day, all!

Good morning all!

Judy, I think it's a great idea to try to get outside for a bit each day. If you don't make it in here, we worry, but know you are doing what is best for you right now. I totally remember when I went through my chemo, and on the 3rd day after the chemo, I was couch ridden for 3 to 4 days. I was miserable. Everything hurt, and I just had to ride it out.

Bud, glad you didn't get the bad storms. We did! At one point, I was at the kitchen table, and the hail hit, and I ran into Randy's office and said "maybe we should go to the basement". He said we'd be okay as all you can see outside is hail! The satellite TV went off, so I fired up the lap top to find out there was a tornado warning for our area. But by then the hail was gone, so I guess we were okay?

We went outside to see 1 1/2" hail everywhere. We have a gravel road (or should I say used to) that was destroyed by the torrential rains. Our drain pipes were spewing rivers of water. I've never seen anything like it! I don't turn on the TV much during the day, but I'm sure flooding is a major issue right now. We got about 3 storms like that last night.

Today is my CT scan. *sigh*

I sat here thinking about it and praying. I just have to trust that my God is in control, and I am not. And that is okay. No matter what I will be okay. I am strong. There's a 50% chance that it's nothing, and I'll go with that for now!

I've been kind of a lazy slug this week, so I am going to get going and cleaning, running errands, and then over to the Cancer Center to get this pesky test done!

Love to you all!

MI Judy

Judy - (MI) - I am hoping it is in the 50% you are thinking it is in. (I'm probably not the only one but I wanted to be the first to tell you I'm with you!!!) So if you go in today how long will we have to wait to find out that you are fine fine fine?

We are having some pretty nasty thunder storms - but they fly through and destroy things then move on - rarely stick around. Really they just make it hard to find time to mow the yard.....(now you know it's not me that is out there mowing - that would be pretty darn close to exercising even if it is on a riding lawnmower - nope not gonna do it).

Back to work I say,

Annette

Hey Annette,

I meet with my Onc on Friday. They were doing a "wet read" which I guess means a rush, so that I get my results faster. Makes me curious about this. My first CT and dx were done on the same day. I had the CT, and 3 hours later my phone rang with the news. Whatever.

I've been listening to some amazing CD's by a Christian speaker, and the one I listened to today really was awesome. It brought me a lot of peace about the whole situation, one way or the other!

That's what our storms did too. They were quick, but quite damaging. We got another morning soaking today which is exasperating the whole flood thing. I'm glad I don't live on a River these days. They are all overflowing in a huge way! I drove by a pretty little park by our home, which has this little creek running through it. Very pretty, bubbling brook running over river rock. Well you don't see the river rock, or bubbling, more like a raging water fall! I had to pull over because I never saw that thing so big. It's no longer a creek! LOL

Anyway CT done. Was quick and easy.

It's date night tonight. It faired off quite nicely, so I think we'll go for a little drive even though the price of gas is intimidating and making us feel guilty about driving anywhere!

MI Judy

Well, it is now Wednesday and I can veg in front of "Survivor" this evening. Guilty pleasure or just facepalm moments? I dunno...lol

Was out on FB today, and something about the sea of pink was posted. I know that many LC patients wish to have the same treatment as the pink warriors, but having read this, I'm not so sure we do - especially the part about only 19% of funds going toward finding a cure from the BIGGEST fund raising group. Seriously??

http://thinkbeforeyoupink.org/?p=1279

If it's all true, I'm not envious in the least. I also don't buy into that cancer being "totally survivable" having lost friends and family. I don't like the LC stigma, but I do like that the public understands that it's not a disease that is just "fooling around" and that having LC is very serious, indeed.

Wow, just wow...all that pink marketing, all that money, and it's not going where the general public thinks it is...wow.

Becky, I did not know this either. I wonder if her statistics are true, and don't have time to look into it right now. But if they are true, it's deplorable. I've always resented the PINK everything, while the ribbon for lung cancer is grey. But if it's just creating hype and disguising the realities of the disease, shame on it.

I know lots of women with Breast Cancer at Gilda's Club. It's a deplorable disease right up with with LC.

MI Judy

Am having a bit of what's become my normal post dinner misery. Thought I'd pop in and distract myself for a little.

First off, I am remiss. I must post the pics of Bruce's new babies. The steer is very handsome but Stephanie is a real beauty. Hear that Stephanie? I have a folder for Bruce's farm animals but now I'll have to expand to "barnyard animals?" since a friend knowing my mania just sent a pic of her new baby chick.

Annette, I wish we had telepathy. I was going to call a couple of times today but don't know when you might be goofing off--oops, sorry, you don't do that. Actually I have a bit of a cauliflower ear today--had conversations with my daughter and both sisters in the same day.

Bud, so glad you can still cycle. I know I could walk and was before my procedure but what I really need to do is get back on my Total Gym. Seems I'm going to have to rebuild some muscles (already old and less than taunt lol) in my lower stomach after carrying the weight of my gain since dx and the xtra 8+lbs of fluid. They still don't feel right. I will see the onc here tomorrow and ask if it's o.k.

Judy, I don't envy you those storms. As soon as you tell anyone you live in KW, they say "but aren't you afraid of those hurricanes?" Well turn on the news, doesn't seem to matter where you live. Hope your date night is fun.

Becky, I did not know this about "pink" but am not surprised. Our culture seems to have become overrun with greed and corruption. I hate to hear this because my niece with chronic breast cancer is not doing well at all right now. She is in fact in hospital and it pains me to think someone is benefiting financially and taking from research to help her survive. She has 13-yr-old triplets. Sigh.

Have a good evening everyone. I'm going back on the couch--it's actually a loveseat so it's good I'm vertically challenged.

Judy in KW

Judy - what am I gonna do with you - you are not vertically challenged - everyone else is tall (even me and I'm usually the one that says everyone else is tall cause I'm only 5'1)

My nephew knocked on my door a while ago and said - we are under a tornado watch want to go outside with me - - so I did for a bit - thought it was neat that he actually volunteered to spend a few minutes outside just kinda hanging with me. I'm ever hopeful he is going to behave - although it turns out he left school early after emptying his stomach in class. I think he was feeling better because he was eating a corn dog while we were outside.

Annette