Thursday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! It's Thursday and my appointment with the onc here in KW. No big deal, just a formality so I can get my chemo here. Still, he's nice and I have a couple of question so as long as I don't have to wait for hours....got my ipod ready.

I'm laughing at Annette and Stephanie giving their heights. When I was a younger woman, when I met men they frequently said "you're just my mother's height." LOL I told them I didn't think so, most of the short women in the world were 4'11" and I missed that by a few. So ladies, you are tall!

Am thinking about all the things, fun things not work for a change, that I want to do before next Thur or Fri when I expect to get the poison again. Did I spell poison right? Oh well. I'll try to pace them out so as not to wear myself out but I'm determined to stay engaged through this latest round of chemos and just crash the five or so days it looks like I'll have to.

Have a good day everyone.

Judy in KW

Good morning all, I am trying to get a lot of work done today since I have to leave early tomorrow to go see "Beauty and the Beast" at the Landmark Theater. Really looking forward to a nice night out - only to learn that my mom has promised some of her facebook friends I would take her to breakfast Saturday morning. They are in town for the Nascar race...I honestly don't remember promising to driver her - she better be buying!

After having TV interrupted a thousand times with tornado warnings it sure turned into a gorgeous morning. I am in light pants and short sleeves so it must be pretty warm out there. Maybe I better go for a walk in a bit. (Who said that - aliens have invaded my body - wait maybe it's just an overdose of spring air.)

I'll check back in later if my slave driver self lets me.

Annette

Good morning, everyone!

It was 42 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 79.

Becky, I think that blog makes some good points. Breast cancer treatment may have improved a lot, but some of the chemo drugs used are still just awful. It's certainly not yet time to claim that the job is done.

And it all too often seems that organizations that manage to turn themselves into fund raising juggernauts no longer do such a great job of using their funds. I was less than thrilled to read that the Deputy CEO of ACS makes $1,027,306 a year.

What a bad tornado spring this has turned into, in spite of there not being many storms before April. I hope this is the last rash of really bad storms.

Best wishes for great results from your scan, MI Judy. Have a great day, all!

I don't usually have a thing to say here in the 'air' of the day. We must be just plain old boring people. But when I saw the salary of the ACS's CEO posted by Bud ~ I just had to say - NO WAY ACS!!! Spend some of that - MOST of that - for research!!!! And please include LUNG cancer!

Kasey

Kacey - you are right that is just unbelievable. Sad thing is I doubt if that is the only "charity" that has overpaid executives - as in not only the chief executive officer, but the chief finance officer, the chief operating officer, the chief of toilet cleaning, hey - wait - I could ... no no I guess I couldn't - what was the pay for that one?

Annette

Got to love Microsoft. I'm well into my normal chatty post, when that little window came up (that I didn't notice until too late) that said "shutting down in 2 minutes for Windows updates). So I'm typing away, and then my computer shut down for Windows updates! Poof! Post gone.

Well Casey, nice to see you here, even if it's only to express your disgust at the President of ACS salary. I agree! This will change the direction that my donations go to. Not that we're making any money to donate these days, but nevertheless!

Reading yesterday and today's posts about height makes me the giant among the women of Lungevity. I've shrunk to 5'7" as I get older. Used to be 5'8". I've always been tall and somewhat gangly.

Bud I'm with you about the storms! Today the winds howling woke me up, wondering what that noise was. Living high on a bluff makes the noise even louder. We have rain in the forecast for the next 3 days, but it is supposed to get to 72 tomorrow.

My Randy is off with 3 buddies for up North. They are going to hit the rivers and trout fish. I hope the weather is nice for them. He needs to just take a break, and have some fun with his buddies. He's been going in 3 different directions with what to do with his career, and he just needs to laugh, eat trout, and drink beer! LOL. I told him he could NOT kill himself. LOL

I can laugh about it now that it's a week later.

Annette, going for a walk? Oh my gosh. If you do this, then you are forcing me to get some exercise too! Yesterday I managed to clean my kitchen (yes, it IS exercise). Today I am attacking the floors with mopping and vacuum. That always works up a good sweat.

Judy, it's nice to see you looking for fun things to do. I did that too. I wanted to find positive things to enjoy before the next round that would do me in again. It helped me get through it all. Here's to you and fun! Hope the Onc appointment comes without a lot of waiting, and good answers to your questions.

Well, hope you all have a good day. I'm going to.

Judy in MI

Annette, never mind the walk. Get that work done. It sounds like you have a great evening planned. Don't think about breakfast; just hope it's not too early.

Bud, it looks like you floored all of us with that salary report. Don't know why I'm surprised. Most charities today have a corporate mentality. It makes me mad and sad. Wish it didn't have to be this way.

Judy, what have you got planned for your solo time? Hope you get those results soon so you can relax and enjoy. When Stan was away, I liked take out, a chick flick and chocolate.

Judy in KW

Ouch - just burned my wrist on the cast iron pot handle! Baking bread and just flipped the thing onto my wrist. Cold water, aloe vera...it does not look pretty. Should have gone swimming instead.

Don't get me started on pink wash. Or ACS. Not all non-profits have crazy salaries, especially when you get below the top three people or so. If you are interested, the top 10 in each company, earning more than $100,000 (I think it went up to that) are listed in public filings and can be accessed by anyone.

The sad thing about breast cancer is that the amount of money spent on research for metastatic breast cancer is very small and the survival stats have not changed much in years - very similar story to lung cancer. All that $$$ for awareness, support, early detection ends up helping people (mostly women) who are able to become long term survivors (and donors, advocates, etc.) What they don't know is how many are survivors after 5 years out. Do they get recurrence or new cancers? Did they need to have treatment originally or would they have done as well without so much intervention? Are the stats so good because they are treating people who may not have really needed treatment in the first place? Okay, getting off my soapbox and getting out of the house for a bit.

Good Evening All,

What wonderful weather we've been having this week,warm sunny blue skies,what a contrast to some parts of the USA,heavy rains and even Tornados,reported here on our news that over seventy Americans have died in these storms?I really hope the worst is over.

So hot today for classroom work,so took my students outside to enjoy the sunshine,in the guise of doing some land surveying and setting out buildings,think they all appreciated the exercise.Well thats me for another 4 days,off until Tuesday,public holiday tomorrow for the royal wedding and May Day bank holiday Monday-I only have eight working days of my career left.I will be avoiding TV and newspapers tomorrow,I just read that the Queen did not invite Tony Blair and Gordon Brown to the wedding.Tony at the death of Dianne,did a sterling job for the royal family in rescuing them from the gaffs they made in ignoring Dianne death because of her relationship with Dodi(a muslim)he also gave a most memourable eulogy to Dianne at her funeral,that won a whole nation over,not to invite Tony is an absolute disgrace,and as for Gordon,world recognition for his intervention with the banks,to save them from total meltdown.Well I wont be watching so there it is.

Talking about politics-sorry-What a strange focus your politicians and media had on President Obama's birth certificate,I appreciate your historic tradition the President must be USA born,but dont you think that would have been investigated eons ago-dont you have other things to think about?of more impotance,our newpapers here published the full certificate today,I really find it all so embarrassing for the USA,did I hear Donald Trump is now wanting to check its authenticity?That guy should be run out of town,mind you he is developing a multi-million golf course to Aberdeenshire in Scotland bringing lots of much needed jobs to the area,so two sides of a coin guy.

Hi Annette,hope you enjoy Beauty and the Beast,I am going to take in at least a couple of shows in in New York,love to see The Jersey Boys and Wicked,another show currently running in London is War Horse to rave reviews,the puppet horses used are just amazing,hopefully it will have crossed the pond by now.

Been a busy day,I am tired, so goodnight all, enjoy the rest of your day.Bye.

It's late...but Eric....Trump? Coin guy or con guy. I think the latter. What a joke to even think of him running for President.

I'm not even going to get into a discussion about the royal wedding. Makes no sense to me.

Going to bed. Love all of you, no matter where you hale.

MI Judy