Happy Mother's Day Air

Joppette

Hi there,

Well, here's to all Mom's out there! Happy Mother's Day. And for those of us not lucky enough to have children, Happy Mother's Day to you as well, because we mother lots of people we love.

Today our Pastor wished me Happy Mother's Day, and he knew I could not have children. He said he wanted to thank me for all the ways that I act as a Mom for the young women at our church. That was nice. I do try to be available for them when they are looking for advice about life. Not sure I'm wise and give good advice, but I try!

My day was extremely uneventful. We went to church, out for a small breakfast, and for some reason, I was exhausted. We got home, and he was doing projects outside, while I tried to read the newspaper. My eyes would not stay open, so I gave up and went back to bed. Slept for 4 hours! Sheesh! Guess I needed that!

We celebrated our Mom's memory today. Mine passed in 1996 and his passed in 1997, both of lung cancer. They were great Mom's and we miss them.

Here's a picture (I hope) of my Mom and Dad on their wedding day!

momanddadwedding4bw.jpg

Judy in MI

Such good pictures and thoughts of moms. My daughter called me and we talked about "nothing" it is just a joy to hear her happy. Talking about how much her two boys mean to her. Judy - I can understand what your pastor said - think of all the people you help at church, Gildas Club, here - you are respected and looked up to - that is not only a friend but much more - why not call it a "mom" or sister.

Have a wonderful rest of the day.

Annette