It's just another manic Monday...

Snowflake

Dang, started listing all the things I need to do today and I should have been in bed HOURS ago. Also need to get back to sleeping at night, have to get up early Friday to get to the airport. Will definitely be a day for Xanax. The older I get, the more I hate flying. Maybe there'll be a cute TSA agent to frisk me. Should I make it easy on 'em and go commando? LOL

Are they afraid I'll go all MacGyver on 'em and make a weapon out of two underwires, a pair of panties, some gum and a watch battery? I mean, really...like grabbing my girlie parts won't make me go all militia-mom! If I were traveling with a child, we could discuss "stranger danger" and where people should not touch you...Yep, could be a lesson...

So, to all you frequent flyers out there, do they at least buy you a drink before getting all touchy-feely??

Ack! Now how am I going to sleep? I need to head to bed, ya'll have a nice morning, sorry for the Monday reminder, but it is what it is. A whole new week to screw up in!

Play nice, I'll try to check in later!

It's a cloudy overcast Monday here in NC. Becky I hope you finally got some sleep. I, too, haven't flown in a while and am wondering about the security 'frisk' now. I think I'd rather get the body scan - and believe me whoever is looking at my body won't be looking long!! I'm looking forward to meeting you Friday.

Paulette

I went up to St. Paul, MN a few months ago and had no trouble at the airport - of course that was before the Navy Seals did what they did.

I will be driving on Friday - - and I guess I'll just say it out loud - - unless something terrible happens. I took my mom to the hospital last night and following a CT scan her O2 stats dropped to the 70s - they put some kind of mask on her and for 3 hours her stats stayed about 90. Then about 3 a.m. they moved her closer to the nurses station (in ER) and her stats went up to 94. I came home to sleep a couple of hours (haha) and get my nephew off to school. I am exhausted and I have to go back over to the hospital and then take the kid to his counseling this afternoon -

I'm thinking even being frisked at an airport would not keep me awake!

Annette

Good morning, everyone!

It was 50 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 75. I don't remember it ever being this cool for this many days in a row here this late in May.

Sorry to hear your mother is in the hospital again, Annette. I hope she's better soon.

I had another good fishing day on Saturday. There were plenty of shallow crappie to be caught.

On Sunday, I joined six other riders and did a 200k randonneuring ride. We kept it at an easy pace and I felt good the whole way, finishing in a little over 9 1/2 hours. Riding in this morning against the wind though, I was on tired legs.

One daughter and grandchild joined us for a fish dinner yesterday evening. The other daughter, with another grandchild, was on her way to join us when her car was rear ended. The car is two weeks old. She turned around and went back home.

I flew a lot on my last job, but haven't been on a plane since before 911, so I'll feel like a fish out of water on Friday, too.

Have a great day, all!

Happy Monday all!

No biggie on the security thing. I've been patted and scanned, and didn't think either were a big deal. I could care less about the scan, just the poor sucker that has to endure it. LOL. If it happens, it is likely to happen at a major airport like DTW, or Washington, DC.

Do know that you will be charged big $$ if your checked bag is over 50 pounds, not that any of us have that much to pack. LOL. Because of some health issues, I do check a bag rather than carry it on board.

It is gorgeous here today. The sun is shining. I'm looking outside on my deck at a myriad of beautiful birds. I'm seeing a few bright red cardinals, a Rose Breasted Grosbeak (one of my favorites), several different sizes of wood peckers (they love the suet), and of course the very rude and loud red-winged blackbirds. They live in the weeds by the water, and are very aggressive and loud. There's also lots of red, and bright yellow finches. Have not seen the blue ones yet, but they are sure to come.

Ah...this is such a rough way to wake up. LOL

I am blessed.

Today the man is home A L L D A Y. So I think I'm cleaning. Maybe the sound of the vacuum will drive him out! LOL

Have a good day.

Judy in MI

Annette, praying for things to settle down with Mom and the kid.

Bud, if you have not flown since 9-1-1, it will be a huge change for you. If Rose is dropping you off, she can't park at the door, you just have to get out with your stuff and go.

You will be taking everything except your clothes off. Shoes off, belt, phone, wallet, carry on bags, computer out of the bag, no liquids, etc. If you are not familiar with it, there's links on your tickets that will guide you through the process.

Judy in MI

Good Evening Everyone,

Just finished a rather long post and pressed preview,it vanished, I was taken to the log in page.Grrr.Wish I would write things down,instead of typing as I go,or had the skill to prewrite and then paste in?.Well dont have much on tomorrow,so I think I will take a rain check and post in tomorrow morning instead.Enjoy the rest of your day everyone,byee.

Eric,

Type your posting in Word. When you've completed it, push the Ctrl and A button (Ctrl-A) and the whole thing should be highlighted. Push Ctrl-C (copy), then open the window for a new post here...place your cursor in the box and then push Ctrl-V (paste). Viola, the whole thing should be there...

Clear as mud?

Conspiracy here, couldn't sleep when I went to bed, finally nodded off somewhere after 4:00. Slept for a few hours and the phone rang...so after trying to fall back asleep for almost an hour, had to get up and shower...may just head to bed after dinner tonight (yeah, right).

Need to dig up a suitcase to check or a carry-on that will hold three days of my clothes - and being a girl, that's what, six pairs of shoes? LOL

Looks like laundry is on the list for the evening and tomorrow...

Becky, LOL at the shoes. If only I had feet that could wear cute shoes. So I'm limited there. But we have to have our travel outfit coming and going. Then there's the Friday dinner outfit. Of course a different outfit for Saturday. Then there's the concert. So many issues, so many decisions! LOL!

It would never occur to me to wear a pair of jeans, bring another, and two tops and of course underwear. LOL.

Judy in MI

But if all my clothes are in my carry-on, I run the risk of having to DUMP my lacy frocks out in front of a plane full of folks and a disgruntled TSA agent who's thinking, "TMI, Lady, TMI" OR having said agents pawing through my unmentionables. Heck, they wanna go through my drawers in a back room somewhere, have at, but not in my view.

Hi all, i've had my posts dissappear too. In fact, I wish you guys could have read my introductory post. It took a while to do and I was so proud of it. Then POOF! I didn't know what to do. That last explanation confused me a bunch. I'm not that savvy. Maybe because I took to long. (no, it was my 1st) I'll call it practice.

I'm going next tue. for a bronchoscopy. They are going to open my right airway and take a piece of tissue near the site of the original tumor. They saw an enlarged node last week. Oh yeah, I'm sorry, this is the just for fun page. It'll be fun when they say it's nothing. see yous later. Alan.

It has been a very long day. Went and saw my mom this morning - had a horrible session with the Foster Care Prevention worker - followed by a horrible counseling session with the kid. BUT - I talked to him in the parking lot afterwards and he broke down and admitted everything - finally telling me the truth. Not a celebration - but exciting about the truth - ever hopeful. So I'm taking the week one day at a time. My mom is still on a breathing mask thing - and her O2 stats are only 97 and they drop to the 80s without the mask - but tomorrow is another day. I am seeing everyone so excited about this weekend and I am too - some how some way mom in the hospital or not I am gonna make it. I'm just too darn close to DC not too.

2 hours sleep - in the last 24 hours - I'm gonna try and make it the last 30 minutes of Dancing and then I'm crashing....

Have a good night,

Annette

I think I'm crashing tonight. Although I got twice as much sleep as Annette, and don't have a nephew stressing me out, I've had a day and a half today and need some sleep or someone is going to end up dead - and it WON'T be me! I'll be the one with the flame-thrower thrown together with the underwires of my bra, a thong, a silver gum wrapper, paper towel roller, Bic lighter, and two D cell batteries...

Dang, I'm going to end up flying nekid, so they're SURE I won't have any weapons grade material on me! Look at your own risk, Ahab's white whale ain't got nothin' on me!

...and I've worn a button off my phone. Gotta find some glue and some shut eye and not just my phone and glue my eyes. Better keep repeating that, or I may wake up and think I'm blind!

G'night, all! Sleep tight.