PET Tomorrow!

Sara

Well, going in for my PET and CT tomorrow. After last weeks news about the brain nodules, we are trying to stay cautiously optimistitic that if this has traveled elsewhere, the chemo is already in there doing its business. Any extra prayers or thoughts would be welcomed! So far doing okay on radiation, 3 down, 7 to go. Just really sleepy from the counertacting of the steriods! Thanks for all of the kind thoughts since my last post. It is scary sometimes, but just need a few days to process then get back on the horse I guess! Here's hoping the horse participates better in the upcoming tests. Happy Wednesday everyone.

Sara

Hi Sara,

Think everyone has said it all,prayers and gentle hugs from me too,may everyone work our just fine for you,looking forward to meeting you on our little date in Lincoln Park , Seattle on 13th Aug,for the Breathe Deep 6k walk.

We got the results of my CT scan yesterday. For some reason, they still didn't have my PET scan read, so still waiting around on that, which is a little frustrating. The CT scan showed that all is stable as far as the nodules that have been there all along (too small to show on a PET) have not gotten any bigger, we still have no idea if these are cancerous or what they are. There is no new growth, so this is fantastic. I had some swollen lymph nodes that we have have been monitoring which are at least not any bigger, possibly smaller, will keep watching those. Continue on same treatment probably 2-4 more rounds, body is finally feeling pretty good, so that is always a good sign. Just hoping they don't call me today with any surprises from the PET! I finish radiation up this Friday then will start back up with my chemo routine next Tuesday again. Thanks for the prayers, I am very thankful for no new growth and feeling better the last little bit here. Have a good Wednesday everyone!

I can understand your frustration with the PET. Goodness, don't they realize the stress we are under as we wait for results? But stable is awesome.

As you know, they are watching a nodule in me too. Been getting CT scans every 3 months. If the nodule grows again, they will PET scan it at the end of the month. But too small to PET scan to me is good news. I hope and pray yours stay that way too.

Judy in MI

Sara, congratulations on stable--have learned to love it myself. And I can definitely relate to that starting to feel pretty good again. Sounds like you are on an upswing. Here's hoping you continue that way.

Judy in KW

Hi Sara, I don't get why there is so much waiting for PET results. Do your scans take place at your treatment hospital? I thought scans could be electronicly transmitted directly to your oncologist's office. I guess the Radiologist dept. has to read it first and write a report. All I know is that I hate the waiting too. Stable must sound pretty good after all you've been through.I also had some enlarged nodes recently. It worried them to where they did needle biopsies. All were negative. I'm sure they will keep an eye on it and make the right call. Keep up the good fight.