still waiting for dx.

shelliemacs

I dont know where to post, because I am still not sure what were dealing with.

As of today the tests on the fluid they drained from my fathers lungs has NOT come back. This irates me since this was done in the hospital last thursday.

the lung spec. is still throwing the CANCER word around but not definitively yet. He says that my fahters thyroid is also enlarged so he was sent back to the hospital for more lab blood work today.

his lung is filling again and he has to see the surgeon tomm. about putting in a chest tube to completely empty the lung and let it collapse so it can, for lack of my knowledge, dry out??

I am baffled that they still don't know if he has cancer or not. The ct scan showed no masses but they told him (i was not there) that it may be canser of the tissue??? is this something anyone has heard of???

this is 3 weeks now without knowing for sure. I am literally sick to my stomach with worry and have begged my dr. to medicate me for anxiety.

than at the same time I am speaking to the lawyers I work for to try to secure my fathers house and money if say something happens. He only has enough for a funeral anyway but they say it could take the courts forever to get through probate if need be. they have advised me to get on his bank accounts as s signer (just in case) and get his house in my name so no credit card companies can come after his house if something happens to him. Can this happen, can credit card companies prevent me and my sister from selling his house until they get paid?? I thought credit cards were unsecured loans??

GOD can I only worry about him for now without all this other crap!!!!

if i didn't hate pain so much, I would end it for me so I didn't have to deal with all this worry and bullcrap.

Shelley,

Get all of those things done. It can and does happen just the way you said. Get legal power of attorney and medical power of attorney done also.

You had stated in an earlier email about some jewelry and other things that your father had that he was keeping for now. Get the stuff out of the house due to your greedy evil cousins etc.

I was doing some research on congestive heart failure. I found that it seems your father is having what seems to be same type symptoms. So maybe it is not cancer, but maybe it is his heart.

Keep positive through this. And do take care of yourself. I know it is very stressful and hard on you. Keep us posted.

Love,

Shirley

Shelly,

Credit card companies can file a lien against the house. You might want to look into having your father file a Homestead on the house. You can get a form at any stationary store. It will have to be Notarized and then filed at the county recorders office (the county your dad lives in.) This way they cannot file a lien, only Federal Government would be able to file a lien, (like the IRS.) Do this right away. I have worked in credit for 30 years, so please trust what I am saying. This should apply in each state, I am in California. Ask the attorneys that you work about the Homestead. They should be able to direct you. Hope this helps and praying for good results for your father..

God Bless

Karen

Karen

Shelly,

Lots and lots of stuff going on and none of it easy. Sounds to me like you're try to do all of it at once. That just leads to classic "overload" and then nothing gets done. Believe me .. been there, done that (more often than I care to admit). What I had to learn was how to break it down a bit and try to consentrate on one thing at a time. Take one thing and get it done, then take a break, then take the next thing and do THAT.

Another thought. If possible try to get someone else to be involved with this with you. A friend or family member. Even if they are just "along for the ride" when you go do some of this stuff (including watching over your father) it could be a big help. My wife goes with me to all my appointments and when I go to take care of any legal stuff. Not that she can do all that much, but having her there is a big help for me emotionaly.

Finaly, keep doing what your doing and let us know what's going on with you and your father. Like I've said before (and believe with all my heart), this is a WE thing, not a ME thing.

Dean

Shelly,

Is there any way you can also obtain medical power of attorney for your Father? As things are right now they don't have to tell you if the pathology report is in on the fluid they removed from his lung, let alone the results of that exam.

I am so sorry you have to go through all of this.

I am truly amazed once again at what a loving family this is.

Good advice all the way around, Shelly.

I am so sorry you have to go through all this.

Dean is right, I hope you have a close friend or relative you can trust to go with you to do all this.

Honey, don't despair. It seems miserable now, and it will have ups and downs, but life isn't worth throwing away.

My remedy for being overwhelmed is a hot bubble bath, some good music on, and then a nice quiet nap. Throw in a cup of tea, and some peace and quiet. Be nice to yourself, you deserve it.

Love,

MaryAnn