just waiting

HI Just been diaganosed with SCLC and am told it is early stage. Have to see surgeon on wed 13th july. Can anyone tell me how fast is the growth of SCLC . I have no idea how long I will have to wait for my surgery but hope it is soon. I have now known for 7 weeks and the waiting game is getting to me . Gaye

do not know too much about sclc but welcome to the site and sure you will get some answers to question soon from others dealing with it! sorry you have to be here.

Welcome to the site where no one wants to have to be. Like Randy, I don't know much about SCLC. I'm a NSCLC survivor but I do know that Stage I is good. If you have to get a dx, it's the best. Try the good doctors at cancergrace.org. It's quick and it's free. Many of us here are members there as well, often using the same ids. Will look forward to hearing from you again. Hang in there.

Judy in KW

Hi there!

I too am NSCLC, but there are many here with SC. The good news is it's early stage. If they are talking surgery that is very, very good news. This is treatable and beatable. Don't be discouraged.

Cancer is a word not a sentence. Stick with us and let us know the details as you get them.

Judy in MI

Hi Gaye,

Waiting for a treatment plan is one of the most difficult parts of this journey. I took another survivor's advice and asked for a little help to get me through (anti-anxiety comes in a little pill!) I had two full months between the ER and surgery (NSCLC).

For some excellent reading, there is a two part post on GRACE here:

part one:

http://cancergrace.org/lung/2010/08/03/ ... lcref-lib/

part two:

http://cancergrace.org/lung/2010/08/07/ ... #more-4454

It may sound like a lot of mumbo jumbo right now, but it is good reference material for you - and the forums are full of past questions and answers that may help. Or you can start a new topic for your concerns.

You can "ask the experts" right from the LUNGevity homepage as well - links to cancergrace doctors.

Take care.