Thursday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! More than a little fuzzy today. The steroids kicked in big time last night. Tossed and turned from 11 to 1 am, then was awake to the bathroom every hour. Got up at seven and am beat. Have to go to the hospital at 10:30 to get my Neulasta shot then home to crash and burn in front of the TV. Lucky I can do that!

Not much to tell here. I hadn't read the instructions again on my steroids pills and only took one instead of two the first two days. Seems when I don't take them or don't take them right, I get a firery rash on my left cheek. Weird.

Sorry, when it's back to chemo week, that's my life so I don't have much going on. Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Good morning, everyone!

It was 81 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 102.

KW Judy, sorry you're not feeling as chipper today. I guess it's to be expected, though. Enjoy your rest when you get back from your shot.

Enjoy Toronto today, Eric. I was there years ago, making a service call on my present employer's shop there, before I went to work for this company. I learned not to order iced tea with my lunch there. They bring you a can.......LOL. It's just not as popular a drink there as here.

I hope you can get the doctors on the same page without too much trouble, MI Judy.

Time for me to get back to work. Have a great day, all!

HI everyone!

Judy, so sorry about all of this bother. Taking the steriods correctly is very important. My doc told me that without the steroids, the chemo would kill me. Not that it didn't almost do that anyway!

Eric, I saw your post from last night. You are so right. Before you on the right is the most amazing display of Mother Nature's beauty and on the left is this nasty, loud, obnoxious array of bars, restaurants and amusement type stuff. It's ridiculous. It should be a peaceful, beautiful, park filled with tons of flowers, and other things of nature. What a mess greed makes. Loved your pictures.

As far as Chicago, and where I live? About 4 hours apart, by car. Wouldn't it be fun to meet? You have such a busy schedule, I'm not sure how we could make this work!

On another note, we have two times of the year when Michigan folks get down right nasty and mean. One is in February, when it's been a long winter, and we are in the month when the sun does not shine, and it's cold, dark and miserable.

We don't often get summers like this one (thank you God), but when we do, folks get down right nasty and mean again. Last night we met up with friends to celebrate a birthday, and it was so stinking hot in there, everyone was sweating and mad. We were inside in the A/C, but it could not keep up. The wait staff was ornery, we were ornery. I ordered a nice cold chicken salad, that got warm and icky almost as soon as she set it down. The friends wanted us to go for a boat ride, and I thought even on a boat, 98 degree humid wind is still 98 degree humid wind = miserable.

Storms are predicted for Friday through Sunday. Yes! Bring them on and storm this crap outta here!

See? Bit*hy yesterday and Bit*hy today! It's this weather I tell you! LOL.

Alan, thanks for posting about those two other therapies, I'm going to research them now so I'm ready for Wednesday.

Thanks for all the well wishes friends. It helps a lot.

Judy in MI

Quote - from Judy MI

See? Bit*hy yesterday and Bit*hy today! It's this weather I tell you! LOL.

Now I know what's wrong with me!! Now that you have diagnosed it how do we fix it. "Doctor Judy" - please help all of us in the heat with a suggestion (and I don't mean ice cubes down anything but a glass of iced tea).

Judy gave me some of my mojo (another word for humor) back!

Annette

Annette, so glad I made you smile! With that in mind, here's some weather jokes.......

10. Rumor has it that the new Miami baseball team will be called "Humidity" so that fans in Florida will be able to say, "It's not the Heat that's so bad, it's the Humidity."

9. It was so hot today I saw a robin picking earthworms out of the ground with a pair of tongs.

8. How to predict weather in Seattle: If you can see Mt Rainier, it's going to rain. If not, it already is.

7. An honest weatherman says, "Today's forecast is bright and sunny with an 80% chance that I'm wrong."

6. First cave man to 2nd cave man: "I don't care what you say. We never had such unusual weather before they started using bows and arrows."

5. Nate: "Hey, what's the weather like out there?" Kate: "I don't know. I'll tell you when it clears."

4. Why did the lady go out doors with her purse open? Because she expected some change in the weather.

3. A postcard home: The weather is here. Wish you were beautiful.

2. There was a communist named Rudolph. One day he looked out the window and said, "It looks like a storm is coming." "No it isn't," said his wife. "Besides, how would you know?" "Because," he responded, "Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear."

1. A weather forecaster took a job in another part of the country. When asked why he transferred he replied, "The weather didn't agree with me."

LOL

Judy in MI

Bud, I'm a lot more chipper now but don't know how long it will last. I got in and out of the hospital so fast I went out of my way and got a latte at Baby's Coffee. Brought a con leche my cleaning lady wanted and she took a break and we chatted. Nice.

And now both Judy and Annette made me smile. Loved the weather jokes. Annette, I was planning on calling you while I was waiting for my shot but they just whisked me out so fast I didn't have time. Will try you later or you can give me a call if you go on a break.

Got time for one of my family's "stupid Judy" stories. My car steering wheel occasionally locks up. When you go to start it, you have to turn the steering wheel back and forth a number of times to unlock it. I've never had it happen when I stopped the car and it locked so I couldn't get the key out. Stan was trying to help on the phone but he wasn't being helpful. I just left it and went out to try again when my cleaning lady was leaving. She said let me take a look and see what's going on. I thought to myself, she can't do any more than I am. I got in the car and started twisting the wheel this way and that--tried the key and no luck. Susan looking over me calmly said, Judy you have it in Drive. :D:D:D

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Hi everyone. Sounds like the air is a little light hearted today. My daughter and granddaughter left very early this morning. I just got a text that they have left airport in New Orleans on their way home. Seems so strange they could be here then gone so quickly. The ten days just flew. We did have a good visit with each other and my family in the 'Bay Area. Some of my family my grand daughter had never met.

I see all of your comments and know what they went back to so I feel a little guilty bragging about our weather but what the heck I will anyway :P Right now it is 95 with 18% humidity and feels like 91 with a light breeze. In Houma where they live it is 88 with 70 % humidity and feels like 99. What a difference humidity can make!

I am sure some of you saw my pictures on Facebook. Monterey is just so beautiful and as I said the weather was perfect. A lot of our crops here are finished already but down there the climate is so moderate that many are still in full swing. Strawberries are delicious and so are the cherries. I had fried artichokes for the first time and fell in love with them. Lucky thing I don't live too close. I am fat enough! I did mess up though. They were selling large artichokes at the fruit stand we stopped at ten for a dollar. We pay a dollar a piece here. I can't believe that I didn't think to bring some home. I was too busy getting some more fried ones at the little food truck that was there.

Yesterday we stayed close to home and got to rest some knowing today would be a long one for them. I was just walking across the room and my leg felt like something jabbed in my groin and then the sciatica started acting up big time. I had to have them at the place to catch the airport shuttle at 4:30 this morning so only had about 4 hours to sleep and my leg pain kept me awake most of the night. I spent today on the heating pad and dozing off and on.

Tomorrow it will be back to the normal for me and that means I need to walk and do some serious light eating. Eating out the whole time they were here was not good for my weight and I have to go get blood work done soon. With my stomach I do not want to have to take any more medication than I have to already.

Glad to see that Eric is having a good time. I like reading about his adventures but wonder how he keeps going without some down time. It is really hard for me any more. I saw the story about the people who fell at the falls and wonder if Eric saw it happen or if it was after he left.

Well I will catch up more tomorrow. For now it is back on the heating pad for me. Take care and be well everyone.

Lily, so glad you had such a good time but sorry you had to pay for it. Sciatica is awful. Knock on wood, I haven't had it for quite a long time but boy do I remember. I've had it more than once.

Judy in MI, funny but sad that it's true huh!

Have a good night's sleep everyone. Hope I do too but feels like the steroids are still kicking in.

Judy in KW

Thought I would stop in and say hi! I've been dealing with production problems all week this week at work!

Judy loved the jokes!

KW Judy - hope you get to feeling better.

Headed down to see Dad this weekend.

Everyone have a good weekend!

LaDonna

Hi All! Despite the fact that we just set a new all-time high temperature for the day in Toronto, Eric and I had a great time getting to know each other "in person". We spent most of the day inside some sort of air-conditioned facility and managed that way to avoid a lot of the heat. Eric took some pictures from the top of the CN Tower (3rd tallest structure on the world -- when it was built it was the tallest in the world for several years) -- and a few other places, and he says he will post them later tonight or tomorrow. Had a great day, Eric, thanks so MUCH for coming up to Toronto to visit: I had a fun day and hope you did too!

Judy in KW I hope the chemo will be easier on you tonight. LaDonna I hope you have a good weekend with your Dad. Jopette, your weather jokes were hilarious (if they weren't so true)! Lily hope you get a good sleep and feel better tomorrow. LOL re the iced tea, Bud! Love and hugs to you all~