Sunday's Air

KatieB

Good morning all! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday morning. I'm excited because today I'm going to visit my sister. We're having a sleep over. LOL She only lives about 80 miles from me but she is younger and is still working so we don't get time often to just be together, the two of us. It's important to both of us since we're the only siblings left from our parents. Every now and again she takes a day off work and I go down by myself (no hubby) and we just chill together.

Paulette

•*♪♫•*¨* *♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♪ Happy Birthday to you ♪•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♪Happy Birthday to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♪Happy Birthday dear Annette♥ ♥ ♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♪Happy Birthday to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ~~ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪...!♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♥

Wow - Thanks Katie and Paulette.

I am spending the day relaxing and watching DVDs - it is too hot out there to do anything.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Didn't see a post from Eric so he probably is still having trouble posting in.

I'll check back in later

Annette

Good Morning Everyone,

I am in the hotel reception area posting,I cannot get on line in my room.I arrived at the National Glacier Park yesterday,after a 15hour rail journey,the landscape through North Dakota was really bland flat lands and treeless,as we entered into Montana I could see the Rockies appearing in the distance,what a great sight afer such a boring visual journey,I passed through Glasgow without getting off the train,very small town,no great shakes.

Finally arrived in my hotel,The Dancing Bears,its within a small frontier type of town,but really nice.I have put my pics of yesterday's events into facebook and here.The owner of the hotel is a Blackfoot Indian,named Beaver,he drove me and his son Allan (15) to a Pow-Wow and a Rodeo.Allan competes in rodeo's riding on the bucking bulls.Well for me,this day could'nt have been better photography wise,the Indian costumes were just mindblowing,the work that goes into making them is just amazing,the Indians themselves were so friendly too.I photographed the entrance parade,but we could'nt stay for the full event since we had the rodeo was on at the same time,about 15 miles away.I have taken some pics of the rodeo that I will send in,unfortunately the bull riding event occurred when it was night,my camera couldnt capture the rides in focus,it was just too fast and my flash couldnt keep in sinc.I was using my long 300mm lens for the earier events,bucking bronco's and roping steers,again some focus problems so some pics a bit out of focus,but still made for good action images.

My sleep patterns are still completely upset,not being able to sleep on the train,also last night getting back to the hotel after the rodeo until 3am,the rodeo was a 3 hour drive away.I was so keen to see my pics,I started viewing them straight off and editing out any sub-standard ones,so got to bed a 4.30am,then back up at 7.30am.Just finished uploading my pics here and facebook.

Sorry guys just not been possible to keep up with your events of late,maybe things will begin to settle a bit with me now and I can keep up to date with you all.

I am here until Wednesday,then its on to Seattle,so looking forward to meeting Stephanie,Sara and not forgetting KatieB.This holiday has been just absolutely unforgettable,I have been having the time of my life,I just dont want this to end.

Annette,Happy Birthday,have a great day,wish I could be with you now to tell you in person.

Bye everyone,enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Wow I don't know where to start! So much going on and so many people posting. Isn't that great?

I guess first off I will say Happy Birthday Annette. It is good to know that you are relaxing and enjoying your day. When you have been working and busy all of the time sometime just relaxing and doing little or nothing is better than all of the parties and hoopla that some people have.

Eric you amaze me. You are able to make friends everywhere you go and you take such joy from all that you do. I am so glad that your vacation has been special. I hope next year you will come back and see some of the areas that you have missed. I guess I am just proud enough to say that you have probably saved the best for last. Meaning for next year when I hope you will come to California. Don't be put off thinking we are all city. So many people think of San Francisco. LA and San Jose as being California. I am here to tell you that those people don't have a clue to what they are missing.

One more thing Eric, Not sure how much it would cost but it might pay for you to see if you can upgrade to a sleeper for your trip to Seattle. I am not sure how many hours that will take but if it is very long by all means check into it. The rooms sound pricey but your meals are all encluded along with coffee and juice available all day long.

Judy KW I am thinking that you are on the road headed North by now. I hope the heat will let up and it will be an easy enjoyable trip for you.

Judy MI your Gilda's club sounds like something very special, something anyone would be proud to be a part of. Bless you for all that you do to help others despite your own health issues.

Thinking about Sara and Bud and Jeanette and Ann and everyone else that I know I am forgetting. Just can't seem to remember everyone and what and when you all posted.

I have been being lazy, just watching the Giants lose and working on my 4 different sewing projects. I still keep my house up but do only the minimum amount of work right now. My back is better but I have a feeling it will never be the same. I really did a number on it this last time. The one thing I seem to put off is dusting. No matter how much I dust there are always dust bunnies. Closing the curtains chases them away for a while but the dust lives on. Maybe if I leave it long enough it will harden and form a crust and I will just think it is part of the furniture :roll:

Well I have some corn in the oven. I went to Safeway yesterday and couldn't resist the fresh corn. There's is always the best picked at the perfect time and oh so good. A couple of years ago I found out that baking it is the best way to keep all of the flavor. Boiling always seemed to steal some of the sweetness, baking enhances the flavor. Later I am off to buy what I need for my part of the luau party. I am making Luau Chicken and my neighbor is buying a big pork roast for me to cook. She doesn't cook and they all love my cooking. They should appreciate it a lot more because I am not doing it as often these days.

Well I guess I will close and check to see what time the game is today. Maybe they will wake up today and start playing like the Giants again instead of the local high school team. Pitching is great but their bats have all grown moss :!:

Have a good rest of the day everyone.

Happy Birthday Annette! I baked some fresh raspberry scones this morning for you - you better get over here quick or we will eat them all.

Seattle is going to have a lot to live up to for Eric. Maybe he should have come during Seafair so he could have seen the pirates, the troops (a bunch of navy ships in the bay), hydroplane races, Blue Angels airshows, parades large and small...but this mass of events ends tonight. I expect I will "see" Seattle through some very fresh eyes.

Lily - I've seen most of California (and was born there) - still living in Seattle! Just suites me better. But there is much to see in and recommend about both states.

Paulette - so happy that you can spend time with (and would want to!) your sister. Have a good fest.

Went to a party yesterday - 3 of us there have the same birthday - two the same year. I think I've only met one other person in my entire life with the same date. How funny is that?

Hi everyone! So good to see all the Sunday posters!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNETTE!!!!!

Not much to share for today. Still feeling poopy from the infection. The doc will get a call tomorrow. I was hoping the antibiotics were still doing their job, but NOT. Didn't make it to church for the 2nd week in a row.

Eric, sounds like a grand time in Montana. Very cool. Next? Seattle! And meeting lots of cool people. Can't wait to see more. i will check out your pics after this.

Well, I slept until noon, and think I'm going back for a nap.

Good day to everyone that i missed.

Judy in MI

Good Evening Everyone,

Well its been a funny old day today,just doing lots of wee odds and ends,nothing special.I have booked the Red Bus Tour for tomorrow, leaves for Glacier Park at 9.00am,we are off to all sorts of places including the "Route to the Sun",apparently a photography paradise,hair pin bends and shear cliffs,not that I will see much of it since I will have my eyes closed throughout.

I phoned Amtrak to book my seat on the next leg of my brill journey to Seattle leaving on Wednesday,however there are no seats left on the train,I have had to settle for Thursday 6.45pm arriving in Seattle on Friday morning-forget what time.Anyway,another day here wont exactly be painful,Beaver has been such a good friend to me,I think he will have me up to filling my time no problem,I think there's another Pow Wow somewhere shortly,one of the staff said he would like to take me to a ranch somewhere, maybe even get to sit on a horse,hopefully nothing taller than a Shetland pony LOL,last time I was on horse was Mandy,who if you remember this story,it tried to throw me off her back,I just about wet my pants.

Lillian I did try to get an upgrade to a sleeper from Grand Forks to Montana leg ,but everything is well booked in advanced here,I kinda make it up as I go along,so forward planning is a bit of a stranger to me.I cannot remember how long the journey is from Glacier East is to Seattle,but I still enjoy the journeys,I have never missed yet in sharing its time with an entertaining fellow traveller/s.I really want return next year and repeat a 7 week voyage of discovery,new places new faces?,you know excluding not so Grand Forks,there have been so many people I have met I would love to go back and see again,maybe I will have to double up my trip to 14 weeks LOL,wonder what the Sally will say?.

Hi Stephanie,First,Seattle dosnt have anything to live up to,If I cannot have the absolute time of my life there it will be entirely my own doing,meeting up with you Sara and our own KatieB,is sure going to add to my holiday experience.Now you are such a wizard in finding places for me to visit on my journey,any suggestions for local hotels in Seattle?kinda in the $120/ night category?.Please dont feel put on the spot,just if you have anything in mind,you wouldnt mind passing on.

Well I am in the reception area,its a bit cramped here and I dont really want to push my luck with the staff,so I am off now,going to find something for dinner,maybe even a wee beer?isnt holiday's fun.Bye everyone,I let you know how the Red Bus Tour went,provided we didnt fall over one of the hairpin bends.

Eric,

I think Katie has found downtown occupancy to be right at 100%, especially for Saturday night. Staying out by the airport may be your best option, if you don't want to try a room or B&B in town.

Some parts of the airport area are very sleazy, so you need to be careful. The airport has a Lightrail station that comes into town quick and not too expensive. If the hotel has a shuttle for the airport terminal, that will get you within walking distance. Lightrail stop adjacent to the train terminal as well. You can probably find a rate under $150 plus taxes (and those really add up around here.) I've looked at lots of strange little hotels and some of the big ones downtown and there are no rooms available except some penthouse units - $1,600 a night?

Motels on Aurora Avenue (Hwy 99) are also very questionable - lots of no-tell motels, if you get what I mean.

Last I checked, that studio apartment not far from my house was still available. Is that an option for you if that is true? Price is very good.

See you soon!