FRIDAY'S AIR

jaminkw

Morning All! So it's Friday? Good for all you working folk. Somehow I lost a day.

Eric, glad things are rolling along for you in the USA. Great you are staying at the same hotel as Katie! Your goldfish race reminded me of the campground we stopped at (must have been Thur night lol). There were cars parked all over and young people flocking to a bar or restaurant. Seems there was a corn hole event--boxes on one end with holes in them. People throw bag thingys filled with corn trying to get them in the box. Hey whatever floats....

We arrived in Portmouth yesterday and Stan stopped at the plant on the way to the RV park. Of course, Judy wound up sitting in the parking lot in the RV (air conditioned of course lol) for what felt like forever. They put him right to work. Wasn't feeling great last night and mouth already blistered. After dinner, Stan went back in to the plant and I was in bed by 8:30. When you're miserable you may as well sleep if you can. By the way, you folk in hot climes, I was shocked to wake up at 5am and pull the bedspread over me. Blanket tonight.

Will lay low here and just do what feels right. Tues scan, Friday crappy--right on schedule lol.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Hi,

Eric, sounds like you had a nice, down home, time there. So nice that you befriended a local that tucked you under her arm and helped you to belong. The gold fish race sounded like a great time! Frontierish for sure, but good clean fun.

Travel safe.

I did my Gilda's stuff yesterday, and as usual, my husband went "out with the boys". Alice Cooper was in town for a concert series, and they decided to go, and of course, he drank too much and had to be driven home. I'm so thankful one of his buddies did that for him. But I am furious with him. I just don't get it. When do you get old enough to know better? Hmmmm? I worried about him all night, and finally fell asleep when the doorbell rang and there was his stupid, drunk butt. I don't know what to do. I do know this is not acceptable.

We had dinner planned with the neighbor and their four children, tonight. I called today and cancelled it. I can try and "fake it" in front of adults for a couple of hours. I can't fake it in front of four sweet and innocent children.

This too shall pass. In the meantime, I'm going in a couple of hours to get the grays removed from my head, and my hairs shortened. That is good enough for me.

Take care,

Judy in MI

Sorry about Randy's slip-up Judy.

Staying in the boonies again, pretty but no cable and iffy cell-phone service. But nice early dinner with Stan--lamb chops, buttered noodles and garden fresh green beans. Yum. I've been on a pig-out today. Those lbs will pile back on I'm afraid. Where is everyone today. Will go look for another Friday's Air lol.

Judy in KW

I guess it's the two Judy show today! Everyone must be out and about enjoying the cooler weather!

Lamb chops are one of my FAVS!!!!!

R is in bed at 9:15. He cited a "short night" last night since he didn't get home until 2AM. So last night was a wash, and tonight was too. Don't we just love them?

Ack.

Judy in MI

Good evening, everyone!

I thought yesterday was just going to be another standard 105 degree ride home, but I was mistaken. When I went to leave work, I noticed my front tire was low. I pumped it up and headed for home. As soon as I walked out of the shop, I noticed the dark clouds in the north. I didn't think too much about it. Most of our storms come from the west, so I figured this would stay north of me.

Just over halfway home, I could tell that front tire was getting low again, so I stopped to pump it up. It was obvious by then that this storm wasn't moving east, it was coming south and gaining on me. I hadn't quite finished pumping the tire up when the 50 mph north wind and dust storm hit.

The south ride down Crowley Road was nice. I would have averaged over 30 mph if I hadn't hit every traffic light red. But when I turned west on FM 1187, I was dealing with a 50 mph crosswind, not that much fun on a faired bike. The storm faded before it reached me and all we got at home was wind and dust. It looks like the cooler air reached DFW Airport early enough to end our streak of 100+ degree days at 40, two short of the record.

I took a day of vacation and went fishing today. I tried some new spots at Lake Whitney, but only caught a few. This nice one kind of dwarfed the measuring board, so I didn't figure I need to measure him.

wcrappie2.jpg