Saturday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! Looks like it's going to be a slow weekend on the site. I'm opening the Air anyway because we'll be on the road by Monday morning. Lately I am not spending much time on the computer while we are driving. Keeping the man company up front and avoiding car sickness which happens when I get stuck in here too long. When I get to NJ, family and friends keep me pretty busy.

Bud, am glad that flat tire didn't cause you to fall off your bike lol. And I am relieved to hear the sand storm missed you. Can't imagine you being out riding in that. Ouch!

I'm not making myself any promises but have a big day planned. Will get ready after I post this and Stan will pick me up and let me have the car. Hope to get to the Portsmouth museum and cultural center and a Cafe nearby. Then off for a few groceries before I call Stan to pick him up and go to lunch. When he drops me back from lunch, I'll rest and then make a small peach cobble with these peaches. Can't eat them all myself. Wouldn't be a problem with the cobbler if I was home. I just don't use the combo microwave/convection oven enough and will have to study how to bake it and how long.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Ok, WHERE IS EVERYONE? I know a lot is going on, but it just seems weird to not see the usuals in here. Would love to see some new ones here too!

Bud, that storm sounded scary. Glad you got home okay. I see that most of us have received a reprieve from the hot, dog days of summer for a bit. That is so nice. Eric, I put your Airdrie location on my iPhone, so I could see how your home is doing. It's 64 there right now, and going to be in the 50's this evening. Thought that might help with the homesick feelings you are bound to be struggling with about now!

Today is a nice, quiet and uneventful day. Good! May pick on a neglected project/closet to organize today.

Well this is me shouting out: Come on in people, and tell us about you!

shouting.gif

Judy in MI

Good morning, everyone!

I got up at dark-thirty this morning to do a ride from home, but there was some kind of strange wet stuff falling from the sky, so I went back to bed and slept in.

The forecast high for this afternoon is 102, so I don't think the clouds are going to last. I'm going to make a trip to Sam's and Harbor Freight since I'm not riding. I'll probably ride tomorrow.

Have a great day, all!

Hi Judy, Judy, Bud et all, Am I a regular? I'll pitch in here. Susan and nieces out doing girl stuff. They lost me. Gee, too bad. Hershey was a blast. Haven't been there in oh 10 years or so.I went on all the coasters but one. That line was 2 hours. Not doing that. Those over the shoulder hold you in the seat bars press right on my port. I thought it might be an issue but wasn't. Had great fun, first coaster rides for the oldest. She was scared stiff. Didn't cry complained and smiled at the same time so all was good. Extremely crowded made for good people watching.

Went fishing on the river again with my old bud. no fish, not a splash nothing. bottom of the river is brown and slippery. I'm afraid for our beautiful Susquehanna. Usually at dusk you could catch plenty. I never kept any , no one really does. There just aren't any. Something bad is going on over the entire watershed.

Where is everyone is right. What, there's only half a dozen posting ? Judy, you made me feel guilty a little but I have been occupied with family and just stuff. Stay safe everybody, peace be with all of you. Alan

Alan, we always have dry spells once in awhile. The break in the weather for some may have something to do with it. They can finally get outside without roasting. Oh, except for you Bud lol. Enjoy the day out; the bike will be there tomorrow.

Judy in KW

Long day. At the walk at 8:30 a.m., met Katie, Eric, and Sara! Ended around 11:30. Dropped Eric and Katie back at the hotel around 4:30. That makes me - very tired! I will try to figure out how to load some photos or at least post them to a Flickr account?

The baking element of the oven fried yesterday as I was heating the oven to make granola. New element may take a week plus to get here - no baking for a while.