Thursday's Air

Bud Baker

Good morning, everyone!

It was 78 degrees when I got up this morning. Forecast high is 106.

There was no bike ride to work this morning. I'm taking today and tomorrow off the bike. I'm also taking off work tomorrow and heading down to Wichita Falls, where on Saturday I'll be attending an intimate gathering of 14,000 of my closest friends at the Hotter 'N Hell Hundred. So my weekend starts less than six hours from now.

Have a great day, all!

Good morning!

Well today is going to be a long one! They were short handed at Gilda's Club, so I'll be there from 12:30 to 8:30! Whew! Long shift. And our group meeting is going to be a rough one. One of our group died yesterday. That's two in the last month, and we have two more that are in rough shape. Such a sad time when you have to face this stuff. We get so close in group that it's extremely difficult to let go.

I don't usually socialize with anyone in my group, specifically for that reason. I've lost so many to this disease, and my heart just can't take on much more grief. Michelle, who passed, was the toughest little girl. She was maybe 45, tiny tiny tiny, but feisty and a fighter. God rest her soul now.

It's looking stormy out. Yes. What on earth is blooming out there that are making my allergies so crazy? Does anyone know? I checked out stock prices in Kleenex because I was sure they would rise with my use of them, but the stock price is already pretty high! LOL.

Well, I need to get going. Hope you all have a lovely day!

Judy in MI

I am hoping the reason that it is so slow here today is because all of our friends on the East Coast are taking the precautions they need to take for Irene. I am not sure how many of you will need to evacuate but please listen when they tell you to leave and take no chances. Homes can be replaced. Lives can not. I think those of us here understand that better than most. Many Many prayers that you will all remain safe and suffer no serious losses.

Bud and Judy sounds like you both have a busy time as well as does Katie. Enjoy your what time you do have to rest and stay safe in all that you do.

Just a quick word to say that one of my neighbors passed this morning. She was taken to a nursing home last week to spend her last days. She was a dear person and will be missed by all who knew her. She never said good by with out ending with these words " God Bless, I love you". I can't think of any better right now.