Friday's AIR

Joppette

Hi All,

It's 4:00AM and the clouds are booming, and rain is pouring down. It's supposed to be very humid, hot and nasty today. I'll take it since it's the last hurrah of summer. No complaints.

Today (or yesterday) as you look at it was a bear. We had to fight hard to get him transferred to the other hospital. At first they said it couldn't happen. When we made it VERY CLEAR that if it didn't happen there would be very negative results, all of a sudden, they contacted "legal counsel" to see if they could accomodate us. Of course they did. He is being transferred to the other hospital today.

We got a feeding tube in last night to get him some nourishment, and today, after the transfer will get a better feeding tube put in.

I can't believe what a fight it was to get him the care he needs. I'm amazed at how accomodating they were once they realized we were serious about all of this and would not accept their diagnosis and treatment solution.

How sad that we have to fight to have our loved ones cared for properly. But how good that we fought and got the job done. I hope you all see from this that we do not have to accept what a doctor says. We can say "NO" and mean it.

Anyway, I'm exhausted after the big day today. My niece told me to take today off. We got the job done, and tomorrow I'll visit him in his new digs.

Annette, I'm so sorry you are going through tough times. I wish I could make it better for you.

Steph, I wish I could take your pain and side effects for you. It sounds like you are going through a terrible time. Know I am thinking of you and praying for healing and health for you.

Hi to everyone else.

I'm going back to bed to sleep (I Hope). The thunder boomers are loud, but I'm going to try to ignore them.

Hugs and love to you all.

Judy in MI

Morning All! Will probably be over $100 in data overage charges but just had to come on and see you all. Couldn't get anywhere on it yesterday and had to talk to tech today. So frustrating paying and gettin roadblocks.

Did a couple of support posts but when I came to Friday's Air realized I'd have to back up at least one day and read. Sorry your family is having health problems again Judy. Hang in there. And Annette, hope things are going better for you.

Stephanie, you make me feel a little badly about my whining these days. You are having it rougher than I. Blisters along my tongue, half my hair and eyelashes gone but a nagging pain under my left breast is really making me uncomfortable. My daughter says it's probably inflammation and may mean the chemo is working which supports your perspective. I told myself last night I just had a scan and my chest wall is still clear. I wouldn't be having pain already if it were back. More likely it is inflammation on that left edge of the abdominal wall malignancy. Hope we both feel better and CANCER SUCKS.

It's not all gloom and doom. A friend drove up from the Jersey shore yesterday. We had lunch and a long afternoon gabbing at my RV. Tonight Stan is cooking dinner for my sister. She took me to breakfast and spent the whole chemo day with my. Being with people helps. Am home alone today so have to get a grip lol.

Have a good day everyone.

Judy in KW

Judy in (not) KW - thanks - but we all have our share of issues. (Last night I had mine at 3 a.m. - thank you indoor plumbing!) I did get to group yesterday and it was excellent. M and I went for a light dinner and then to a jazz club for "A Night in Treme" music. Took a long time for me to get out of bed this morning.

Judy in MI - you are such a good advocate.

They say it might hit 90 this weekend - we have not seen this once this year. Not there yet - we're at 72F.

Both Judys and Stephanie I hate that you are having health issues and I know that sometimes the fear of what it could be is probably as bad or worse that the other stuff. Please know that I pray for you health everyday along with all of our friends here.

Judy MI I am happy that your uncle has you there to fight for him. I have seen far too many times when doctors want to just brush a patient off and not do what is right. Johnny's brother had a massive heart attack and was dead for 5 minutes or more. It left him with brain damage and like your uncle they first sent him to the mental ward. His family had to fight for him.

I have been talking to an old school friend and she has been telling me about a family member who has lung cancer. It seems that he is just being given basic care and little incouragement. His wife who is his caregiver is also caregiver to his mom so she doesn't get a whole lot of time. I have told Nancy about this board and she passed to word along. I also told her to check out what info she can find on Cyberknife. When he asked the doctor he was brused off. You know another one of those doctors who says " I know what I am doing, just listen to me and lay down and die". It makes me so angry :x

I hope Annette is doing better and that all on the East Coast are survivors. Now I am watching as my family is getting pounded with a tropical storm. Right now it is just a lot of rain and I hope it stays that way it is really too close for them to think about leaving if it intensifies. From her post that I read I know that Kimmie lives somewhere near my family. I hope all is well with her as well.

Don't know why Bruce and a few others are MIA lately. I hope it is just life and not health issues that is keeping them all busy.

Guess I will run for now. It has been a long day up at 6 am for blood tests and then out shopping. All of that on 4 hours of sleep was not easy. Take care.