Faith is having surgery tomorrow

Remembering Dave

Just wanted to let everyone know that our precious little Faith is having surgery tomorrow to remove the extra thumb she was born with, and also to repair a big ole' nasty scar on her hip she came to us with from China (not sure how she got that, but it is pretty big, I can't imagine her going through that as a small baby).

She (and I) will be spending the night in the hospital. Dave will be there with us through the surgery and as long into the day as he can last.

We wanted to do this surgery sooner after returning from China but Dave's treatment had priority. Now that he is somewhat stable we decided to get it done before Faith got any older.

God Bless you all,

Karen C. (Dave's wife, Faith's mama)

Many, MANY prayers for a sucessful surgery for Faith. And many THANK YOUs to you and David for caring about the little ones in this world who would have no one to love them if it wasn't for folks like you.

That "thank you" is a very personal one. I was adopted as a baby (though not from overseas) and grew up in a wonderful, loving family. Only God knows where I would've ended up if not for my Mom and Dad.

Dean

Karen, my prayers are being sent for you and little Faith. I know it is so hard on mothers to see their little ones go through a bad time. Not that dads don't worry but it's just different. I am sure everything will go just fine! I'm also keeping David on my prayer list! You guys are so great!!!

Karen, I just saw you post and hope everything is going fine today. I know it is very frightening when our children have to have an operation. I remember when our son was 6 wks old and have 3 hernias and had to be operated on. the drs hands were so big and he was so small. Everything turned out good as I know Faith's will to...

Dear Karen and Dave,

OH SOOOO LITTLE TO have to go through that, but I understand what your going through and it's NO FUN watching our little ones go through these things. But, they bounce back sooooo fast. POOR BABY FAITH!

It's harder on us parents then it is on them. :cry: I'm sure all will be just fine, but, I will say an extra prayer anyway. Dave, I hope you don't get run down, because you need your strength now too! (easy for me to say)! :roll: Take care and let us know how things turn out with little Faith. (((((((((FAITH))))))))((((((KAREN)))))))((((((((DAVE))))))))))

Karen and Dave,

Like Dean Carl, I was adopted, and I thank you for making the world brighter one child at a time.

Faiths surgery should be wonderfully successful, and you should worry just enough but not too much, okay? :)

Kids heal wonderfully quickly. Soon her hand will look like she never had surgery.

Bless you both, and all the other parents....

MaryAnn

Hello all, this is Daddy reporting in. Faith surgury(s) we3nt just fine. She is a little trooper. We got to the hospital at 6:00 am and got all registered and went to the waiting area with her and she was fine while we were waiting. She started getting a little antsy, probably getting thirsty, and there was another mother whose daughter was getting operated on also and this lady just took Faith up in her arms and Faith calmed right down. Shortly after that the docs came in and took her temp. and blood pressure and Faith just stood there and did a great job, nopt crying at all. She did start crying when they took her but the really wisked her away quickly and then immediately put her under, so she did not cry for long. At about 9:30 am the Doc came out and said she did great and explained what all he did. She has a semi soft cast on which she will have for approx. 3 weeks. He did have to put a pin in to support the remaining thumb and tennon he had to work on so they will put her under to remove the cast and the pin in 3 weeks. Her scar on her hip he said was a piece of cake and it should be less noticeable as well. We got up to see her at approx. 10:30am and she looked like the cutest little drunk you have ever seen in your life, ha,ha. She was still coming down off the anesthesia and they pumped her with Morphine as well. The only time she got a little fussy was around 2:00 when the pain medication began to wear off. The nurse gave her some more and she calmed right down. She did not go to sleep at all during the day so I held her in my lap most of the time and she was fine with that, just would not go to sleep!! I just got home from the hospital a few minutes aqgo and called and Faith had finally gone to sleep. I bet she sleeps all night since she did not have a nap all day. Well, I need to get to bed since I have to be back at the hospital to pick them up at 6:00 in the morning and the hospital is about 50 minutes away, ugh. Thank you all for you prayers and support. God bless us all.

David C

Hi, this is an exhausted Mama Karen. Faith was amazing. When they say kids are so resilient they ain't kidding. I had no idea what that really meant. Like Dave said, she was such a trooper, and seemed to completely understand and even appreciate everything going on.

We are so tired, she didn't sleep all night, just in two or three hours spurts, and half of that in my lap. We didn't have a private room - in fact, when they practically require a parent to stay with the kid, why aren't the rooms private? Her roomate was a four year old girl who shattered her elbow climbing. She whined alot and her mother SNORED all night long! The little girl would wake up and scream for her mama but the lady kept right on snoring. sometimes it would wake Faith up and she's say "uh oh" and start calling for the little girl's mama, too, which was kinda funny. The lady also liked to chomp ice cubes and chips very loudly with her mouth open. OK, this is my humorous look at the whole thing - makes me really appreciate being in our own humble little home in our own humble little beds!

I couldn't be more thankful for such a good doctor and for such a brave little girl. She's been asleep since we got home - about four hours now, a well deserved rest!

God Bless you all for thinking of us!

And Dean (and the other adopted post, can't remember, was that Ann?) thank you for your words, but I believe God put us through infertility for a reason. He led us to our Faith (thus her name) so we can't take credit for adopting her, but I am so thankful for the experience.

God Bless you all,

Karen C.

Dear Faith and her Mommy and Daddy,

I am so glad your home and doing so well. Your mommy and daddy were sooooo worried about you, but that's because they LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH! We all said lots of prayers for you that you would come through your surgeries just fine. Our prayers were answered. You get some rest little Faith, and when your well, you can drop us a little line on the board. We would love to hear from you again. :)

Love to you all,

Connie