Saturday's Air

Joppette

Hello all!

It's 58 degrees now, heading to 63 and will get into the 40's tonight. But the sun is shining, and it's beautiful. We have an event going on right now that is quite remarkable. It's called Art Prize. http://www.artprize.org. It's an amazing thing that our City started 3 years ago. We have hundreds of artists that display their work all along the streets of our city, and we all get to go around and experience it, and vote for our favorites. I think the top prize is $250,000.00. It's crazy busy down there, but I think we'll head out to enjoy some of it today.

I started the Allegra-D today. Hoping it will help with these allergies. If my heart does act up, I'll just tell R that it's him that is causing that. *wink*

Anyway, just wanted to say HI and wish you all a good weekend.

Judy in MI

Morning All! Wish I could offer a more cheerful start to the day. I've been suffering all morning with intestinal pain that has me running back and forth to you know where with only minimal relief. I hate laxatives so try everything before resorting to them. Tried soft gels and anti-gas pills. Will now try fruit including prunes and a nice heating pad.

Am trying to get something done feeling so bad because of a busy but not very productive week. Put a load of sheets in the wash and printed all the necessary emails for bills etc. Now the fruit and heating pad.

Saw Sarah online yesterday and Eric. Hi guys, glad to see you. Judy happy to hear your flu may be shorter lived than expected. I love a street fair especially when it is art. Have fun.

Hope you all have a good day.

Judy in KW

Good morning.

I decided to take a few minutes and drop in for a while. I can't really say that I have been that busy but seems like everything takes longer these days. I have been spending time on my sewing trying to catch up a few projects and finish another baby blanket that I started to crochet for my granddaughter. I have also gotten back to a little fitness sense our classes have restarted. A few of my neighbors and I went on our picnic in the park and played lasso golf but by one in the afternoon it was too hot so we came home.

It has been wonderful getting to know some of my friends and classmates from school again. In just a few more days I am going down to spend a few days with some of my family and a close friend from school and also go to the picnic. I always dreaded going home lately because so much has changed and gone but this time I am looking forward to going. I plan on spending a while finding the things that have not changed. I even wrote a poem about going home.

It is so nice to see Annette and Sara posting again. I do envy Eric and Bud their energy and determination. Seems that when I exercise I run out of both pretty quickly these days.

Fall is here but not sure if our weather knows it yet. We have been having some of the hottest days of Summer this month. Today is only supposed to be in the 90s then tomorrow down to the 70s :!: I am wondering if that forcast is a mistake but everyone seems to be saying it. I love 70s and 80s with open windows and nice breezes.

Judy MI I hope the allergies get better. They have really been kicking my butt this year too. Judy KW hope those side effects are not too bad and that you keep inproving each day.

Stephanie I fell in love with Washington when I lived there. I know part of the reason was because despite the final outcome I spent some of the happiest days of my life there and felt most loved while there with my Johnny. I lived in Centralia but never got as far as Seattle.

Well housework is waiting. I can't put it off. Time to get dressed and get busy. Have a great day everyone. I know I am misssing a lot of you but you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

KW Judy, this may be a bit personal, but I must share it. When I was on chemo, I had the same problem of course. We all did. All I can say is when it got really bad, I bought suppositories. Seems gross, but it worked, and fast. Dulcolax. And it is very unlike a laxative. I recommend it highly.

LIly, nice to see you here too!

Judy in MI

put me on a prayer list if ya have one!!! trying to stay out of a deep botlel today cause dad is not doing well at nursing home and someone is fixing to get their butts whooped right now cause of it!!

I am so mad at these people right now I can not see straight! they basically do whatever he asks them to do and today, I find out he is on sleeping pills ! No wonder he has been sleeping for 2 days straight except when they wake him up to bathe and feed him. a week ago he could get out of a wheel chair by himself and a LITTLE help now he is basically laying in bed looking like death warmed over if warm even !! I am so pissed barely made it home and just frustrated with the whole thing! The nurse practitioner on duty has not been in at all and they said she MIGHT be in tomorrow!! Great and our family doctors have no say in what he gets prescribed either since he is in THEIR care!! This system is so WHACKED!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna go throw about 3 dozen eggs and finish this 6 pack for a while!!!!!!! 8):wink::x

Randy don't wait. File a complaint with the patient advocate. There is bound to be one there somewhere. Also go to the Medicare site and and look up The nursing home section. There is a place where you can check and see if that nursing home has had any complaints filed against it or if the have been found to be deficient in any way. If they have or if for any reason you don't like the way the are taking care of your dad you can have him moved. Your mom has the right to see for him and also to declare him unable to make the decisions. He must have given that right to someone and if not then she is next of kin and then you.

I didn't know all of these things when I should have. Now I do and believe me I wish that I had known and taken action. It could have saved myself and Johnny so much heartache and anxiety.

The site is Medicare compare!!

unfortunately, My sister had to agree with them for understandable reasons! She is the famly health care expert and knows all too well what I am dealing with.

1) Dad can be woken up and asked about his care and meds and medical issues. since he is alert and coherent when he is awake, he has the final say in what happens!! then he goes back to sleep! so he is considered still responsible for his own care not the one with power of Atttorney.

2) government laws say that while he is responsible adult we do not have to be told anything about his condition or meds due to privacy laws! Stupid Hepa or what ever that stuff is called. they are only obligated to tell us so much because of number one.

3) HEpa says basically that they do not even have to call us when their doctor changes his meds or adds new meds!!

Stupid governemt laws! All I ask is a phone call to be kept aware of what is happening but they are not obligated to do that at this point!

THIS SYSTEM SUCKS!!!!! he is their patient but HE IS MY FATHER !!!!

Randy, it's HIPPA, and it has to do with privacy laws. However, if you father is considered a responsible adult, then have a power of attorney paper drafted, and have him designate one of you two as that person. They have to tell you then. You just give them the paper, and they are obligated to tell you.

Judy in MI

thank you! they have that info for mom but since he is considered alert and responsive they do not have to tell her! she can request and hope but if we do not know things then we can not ask about them!!

Wow Randy - am so sorry you're going through this. Went through the same thing with my Dad when he was dying, and it was one of the worst, most frustrating things I've ever been through - even worse than LC! I am sure the HIPPA laws had a good intent initially - but like so many things they go so waaay overboard that it is just ridiculous. Sometimes it seems like no one has any common sense anymore. Other than the Power of Attorney, and the patient advocate, the only thing I know that ever help was making lots and lots of noise! I think at one point I even threatened them with an attorney - I'm not sure I'd recommend that, but I wasn't kidding and I think it may have at least gotten their attention. I will also be keeping your Dad in my prayers.

JudyKW - I don't know anything that can ruin a day quite like intestinal trouble. I think Dulcolax was also very good. I hope you feel better quickly.

Lilyjohn - we spent lots of time in Centralia going and coming from Seattle. I don't know how long its been there, but they have a nice outlet center that is small enough for me to manage with my breathing issues, and a great little restaurant called County Cousins. It seems like a really nice small town.

We have cooled off here and finally have gotten some rain, but it is supposed to warm up again later in the week. I hope so as I'm just not ready to say goodbye to summer. JudyMI, the art fair sounds like a lot of fun and the temps sound perfect!