Thursday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! I just heard them refer to today on GMA as Friday's Eve. How great is that.

It's a new day. Bright and sunny. Just wanted to pop in and say hi in case I get caught up in work later. Stan will be back from his walk soon. I want to be out on the porch before he gets back so have a good day all.

Judy in KW

Good morning, everyone!

It was 69 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is, believe it or not, 100 degrees. Summer just doesn't seem to know when to end here this year. There's supposed to be a cool front tonight though, and a bunch of 80-something degree days coming.

My employer pays a heat bonus every year at the beginning of October. Hourly employees all receive an extra $1 an hour for every day that's 100+ degrees. I don't know exactly how many 100+ degree work days we had this year, but since there were 70 days overall (will today be number 71?), they're bound to be the biggest heat bonus checks the company has ever paid. I've never figured out exactly how they calculate the bonuses for us salaried people, but mine should be a good check, too.

Have a great Friday's Eve, all!

Good Afternoon from Balmly UK,

Enjoying the current heatwave,temps 10 degrees-15 degrees C,above the norm at this time of the year and its to continue into next week,its likely these days are going to be on record as the hottest days of summer this year,at the end of September?who said global warming isnt true?

Yesterday was oustanding,yoga and swimming in the morning,cut the grass early pm and did the borders,gardens looking lovely,then to my favourite bit,lounger out the garage,laid out in the patio,book in one hand (Keith Richards autobiography)and a bottle of Peroni in the other,lay there until 6.20pm when the sun disapeared behind my neighbours roof,dinner,than Chelsea Vs Valencia in the European Cup,could anyone ask for more?

Gyming and swimming this morning,online pm,evening its bowling night,think I will be able to squeese in a couple more hours on the patio also,add to my sun tan,oh isnt life hard.Oh whisper it, my little friend of the opposite persuasion,phoned me yesterday,wants to meet up with me on Saturday,we have been out to-gether a few times,drives in the countryside and a meal,its all very innocent-honest-(she is approx 20 years my junior)we just enjoy each others company,we never run out of things to say.Working at adding music to my iPod,for Saturdays day out.Thinking about Largs or Loch Lomond.

Ginnie,congrats getting into the Flight C championship,I wish you every success,Michael Douglas was being interviewed on TV here last night,he is in Scotland playing in a pro-am tournment visiting three of the best golf courses here,he is thoroughly enjoying himself,boy has he picked the weather?.I do love art too,did you read in the news today about a portrait of a young woman thats being investigated,it was last sold for $22,000 and attributed to a German painter,seems its suspected now to have been painted by Leonardo Da Vinci and is likely to be worth $100,000,000.

Hi Annette,good to see you,goodness you are a busy little bee,I think I counted 5 projects ongoing at work-busy is one thing,just dont be over doing things,what about passing some of your load onto others?.I do hope you are feeling better,please pm me anytime you feel like a bleather.

Got to go,my lounger is calling me,hi Judies,Dianne,Randy and Lillian hope you are all having a great day.Bye.

Hi Bud,

Good to see you,you sneaked one in under my nose did'nt you?Glad to hear of a generous employer for a change,enjoy the cheque,hope the taxman dos'nt gobble up too much of it.

Popping in after doing some work in the office--opening mail and tidying up mostly. It's a necessary prereq to really getting down to business tomorrow while Stan fishes. He's at his follow-up visit at the dentist just now.

Bud, I am so glad there is a silver lining under all that heat you are enduring. Hopefully the check will be high$s and the temps pleasantly low the remaining fall and winter.

Eric, you certainly are enjoying your retirement. Me thinks maybe this innocent relationship with a 20-yrs-younger lady may be some of the motivation behind all the exercise? LOL I'm on a small island here with lots going on in the winter, but I'd be hard pressed to find nearly as many stimulating things to do here in the off-season as you have there.

Have a great afternoon everyone.

Judy in KW

perfect weather for yard work and out doors here! That's where I am heading shortly for a while!

Dad is making some improvements but mom and I still need to discuss next step after release! we never had this much time before so !!

Hi Judy,

I do love your insightfulness (is that a word?)its so disarming to have a friend who can see right through you,gosh I hope you are not sitting next to --- on judgement day.Actually chance would be a great thing,think as well as losing approx 35Ibs,think I would need to lose 20 years with surgery and perhaps a few gallons of botox.This young person is so nice,she should be keeping company with someone more appropriate with her age,but as long as she enjoys my company,well can you blame me wanting to share hers?.

Age is but a number made up to keep track of our lives and its all in the head!

your only as old as you think you are!! Think 32? then 32! My best girlfriend from High school swears she is only 29 again!!! boy wish I was 20 years younger then might have a chance before she got married!!

Hi friends,

Have not been here for a couple of days. So busy. But happy and not complaining.

Allergies are still causing big issues, but nothing to complain about, just something to deal with.

I normally am here a lot but this week a lot is going on. A friend died of a heart attack and her funeral was today, and Saturday is the memorial of my friend from Gilda's that died from lung cancer. Beyond that other stuff has taken over.

Hope all is well, and feel bad that I've not been here.

MI Judy