9-wk Scan

jaminkw

Have barely been home 3 weeks and am headed to Orlando. Scan is Mon Oct 10. Results Tue Oct 11. We traveled on to OH and NJ after the last scan so it feels like no time in between. Guess my goal now is to go on 3 mo scans again.

Decided to post before my scan to ask "where is the old scananxiety?" I'm sure it's there lurking but my focus the last couple of scans has been, how good will it be? Been stable the last two scans with slight improvement and continue to feel well. Better and better really. Hope I'm right. Hate to be blindsided.

Will post the results as soon as I can so pray, hold positive thoughts or whatever your manner of support. I need all the help I can get.

Judy in KW

Hi Judy, Wow, a new scan in only 9 weeks. nice they're watching closely. I get it about not having the anxiety so much. It gets to be same old, same old after a while. I hope you get a great report, I think you will. Are you still on the taxotere? How often and how many times?. I had 6, One every three weeks. Is it hard on you? I couldn't even tell or feel anything, but it sure worked. Anyway, have a safe trip and get some great results to tell us about.

Thanks friends. Your support is very appreciated.

Alan, I get the taxotere every three weeks. This is 9 or 10. I'd have to go back and count. It's not all that hard to take--just hair falling out gradually. Wish it was sudden like before. It's easier to shave it all off. It's keeping me stable with slight improvements but I'd hoped for more by now. I'm a die-hard so I'm hoping for more than "slight" this time. I certainly am more active than I was.

Judy in KW

Judy in KW,

Sorry you have to leave home for it - but remarkable that you are not feeling scananxiety. I've got it for mine on the 20th (doc visit not till the 25th, he's on vacation before he retires end of the month). You are making taxotere sound a lot less scary that I have imagined it. Alimta is no walk in the park for me.

Going to have a mammo today! Part of me thinks "that's crazy!"

Concert tonight, if I am up to it. A friend is singing 50% songs she wrote, plus band - part just piano, part rockin'.

(oops, this isn't today's air, is it?)

Scan results are getting routine--stable again. Thinking I'd better start embracing it. My onc told me that statistically "stable" can be up to 19% improved. She reminded me AGAIN that my cancer's particular manifestation is very difficult to measure.

So friends, ALL IS GOOD. I'm going with stable and feeling pretty darn well!

Judy in KW

Thank you friends for all the support and good wishes. I'm always a little disappointed knowing I will continue the chemo +3 wks indefinitely. Then I hear about cancer survivors not doing as well and shift back into grateful mode. Grateful I'm stable and grateful I've usually handled treatment fairly well. A little rough last evening after my shot but day three and so far so good!

Judy in KW

Hi Judy,

I can understand how "stable" while it's good news, it's not the news you want to hear. Living with cancer is what you are doing. And doing it well.

At Gilda's, I went to a funeral a week ago for a 32 year old married man, with a little toddler. He was dx with Stage IV SCLC. He fought for a year. It was so sad to say goodbye.

We have two others in our group that are also in the same battle. One is 36 years old with a 4 year old son, and the other is a woman that is around 65 years old. This darned cancer is winning the battle with both of them. I hate lung cancer.

I understand when you say you are grateful for stable.

MI Judy