Monday's Air

KatieB

Hoping all of you are doing ok.

I confess I've been a "lurker" here for a few weeeks...as we slide into events season I'm traveling every week or two and it's been so busy. It's just that time of year where all of us are so busy sliding right thru events and into the holidays...this time of year always passes by in a blur for me unfortunately.....things die down around Christmas thru to the spring....that's my crazy schedule every year anyway.

Spent last week in DC, spending this next week in Chicago.

Interestingly with the announcement of our LifeLine Partner Program (the support buddy program all grown up) my phone and emails have been blowing up. SO many people signing up to get support. I guess it's easier to fill out an "annonymous" form and ask for support than it was to find my email and contact me directly and ask outright for help or support-like in the past.

I like the ease of this process and I'm glad we are promoting it and marketing it as a service now-- but it's disheartening for sure how many people are in need of support. I've partnered more people in the past two weeks than I have int he last size months.

Thanks again to those of you who have volunteered and are on the Partner list! If you think you'd like to be on the partner list or if you need support yourself--sign up.

Anyway, I'm supposed to be "off" today but I'm going thru a mound of emails and other work stuff all morning.

Hope you have a wonderful day where you are--

KatieB

Good morning Katie! Nice to see a post from busy you! Thanks for the update.

I woke this morning to see my hydranga's strewn about the yard, the bushes trimmed, and a busy young man out there working his butt off. My R is in NYC, so I quicky called him and said "there is a strange young man in our yard working on the gardens." He hired a kid from church but forgot to tell me. We needed someone to come in and prepare the gardens for winter. They are big gardens and too much for R and I to keep up with. So he told me the max price he agreed on, and agreed on an hourly rate. Guess I'll stick around to pay him!

R has never been to New York and he had to go on business. I tried to prepare him, since I've been there several times over the years for business trips. The first thing he said was "it's dark even with the sun out because there's so many really, REALLY tall buildings. Yup! I asked if he got a map to find the sites to visit, and he said no. He was overwhelmed with it all. He's getting a map and I advised him to cab it to the places he'd like to see. He has the rest of the day and then a business dinner tonight. I hope he has fun.

I have finally figured out how to clean this great, big, giant house. I wanted to tackle a couple of large projects, and usually just go at it head on, and then suffer for two days with sore muscles and pain. This time, I took a section of the project, worked to complete it and then forced myself to take a 1/2 hour break. Then on to the next one, and a 1/2 hour break. And finish the 3rd one, and be done. It worked great! No soreness, no exhaustion, and a very satisfied feeling. I know this sounds so funny to some. But remember that I have a 4500 sq. foot home, with lots of stone tiles, and difficult to clean surfaces. Having not had to do this for 20 years, it took me some time to figure out how to stay on top of it.

Well, I'm off to tackle another 3 projects for the day and it is all good.

Judy in MI

Attended a mass this morning for a guy from my group who died September 11. I was infuriated that the priest stood there saying "This is the time to talk about the deceased" and then launched into a couple of stories about people who had done nothing with their lives but were able to "chat up Jesus" once they died and one was sainted (or whatever they did to Therese) and one was an example he used in a few sermons and helped someone else get their life together. He had nothing to say about his parishioner other than he was a nice guy who attended church and had a sense of humor. Not one relevant story despite a gathering of friends, family, and coworkers. He used the service to talk about religion and his only jokes were old ones about Irish coffee (not being served at the reception.) I would have asked for my money back.

Okay, that was a rant rather than air. Is this typical in Catholic services or does it show a lack of respect and knowledge of the deceased?

Drizzly and gray today.

Good Evening Everyone,

Just about finished my post,when up pops a page to hide completely my post,which said something like- do you wish to save your post and heading all other blah,blah will be discarded ,so I clicked YES okey doky, any one know how I can now get it back to post it in? I really dont have the energy or the inclination to do a re-write-I keep forgetting to type it in word first and then copy and paste.

Eric, I don't know the answer to that one. I'm so sorry. I don't type mine in Word. But when I type it here, at the end I hit Ctrl A to highlight all of it, and then Ctrl C to copy it. Then if it gets lost when I hit submit, I can just copy and paste it back in a post.

Steph, I think it's the preacher that decides whether to "save" the attendees, rather than the particular religion. I've been to many funerals, all different religions, when the pastor does this. Sometimes it's at the request of a family member, sometimes not.

There's no excuse for a pastor or priest to not "know" the deceased. They are supposed to ask extensive questions of the family, and have them tell some stories so he/she can share stories with the audience.

I am sending out wishes for Ann and Judy in Florida. The weather looks awful. I didn't see how far up the coast it went to see if it affected other friends of ours, but I hope everyone is safe and sound!

Judy in MI

Morning JudyMI,

Thanks for the tip about copying the post here,I will use that,however in my case yesterday that wouldnt have helped because the pop up page covered a post I had'nt yet completed and reached for clicking the submit button?.