lung cancer strikes again

melindasue37

Hello everyone,

I wasn't certain where to post this considering I was "new" to the site when I was here back in 2004-06 during my Moms lung cancer journey. I was so scared and confused at that time, searching for knowledge and asking for advice.

It's been five years and we are embarking on the journey again. This time, it's my Dad. Well, stepdad, but my Mom and him were married when I was 13. He's been around through thick and thin and without his guidance through all the years, I'm not sure where I would be.

We just found out he has lung cancer. Not sure yet which kind or stage. He had a PET on Friday and we are waiting sooo patiently for Tuesday when we get the results.

So, here I am again......hoping, searching and praying.

Melinda

Hi Melinda,

I wasn't around here when you were last - and I hate to welcome you back! So, I guess the best we can do right now is sit and wait with you for staging.

I take it so far he has a chest xray that led to a CTscan? No biopsy yet? I like to think it isn't cancer until a biopsy proves it. Or did he have a biopsy and now they are checking to see if there are signs of it elsewhere in the body?

Take care of yourselves - and do let us know what you find out.

Stephanie

Melinda, I didn't come on board til '07 but I'm sure you'll find old friends popping up here. So sorry you are back. Just not fair, is it.

Hope the PET only lit up in one place. That's the best possible scenario. Will also wait with you for staging crossing fingers and toes for early stage.

Keep us posted.

Judy in KW

I'm still here, Melinda, and I DO remember you. I am so-so sorry you have to take this journey once again. I am sure all you learned those years ago will be most beneficial to your whole family this time around. Keep us posted, and I am sure that I speak for everyone here when I say you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Wish your beautiful picture would show up for all the new folks - so they could see how radiant you are!

Kasey

Thank you all for the warm welcome...and big hugs to Kasey and Val. Wow, you both are still here? That's wonderful.

Steph, yea, he had a biopsy and then PET to get a more clear picture.

We don't know much at this point, only that there is nymph node involvement but have no idea to what extent.

First appointment is Tuesday morning with the oncologist.

Still praying for some type of good news.

Kasey, you are just too kind. Thank you, I'll have to look for a picture.

I was just thinking how nice is have to have a place to come where people understand what you're going through.

Melinda