Our 'Geri'

Kasey

It is with a heart heavier than I could ever imagine that I share with you that Geri passed away Tuesday evening. The hurt for me is about unbearable. We became cyber friends over 6 years ago and in person friends soon thereafter. She even came here to visit and we had more fun than any 2 cancer people should be allowed to have.

Geri endured more than any one person should have to. Her infectious optimism made me think she could do anything. And she did for quite some time. First - lung cancer. Then breast cancer. Then damage to the heart caused by the brest cancer treatment. Then further damage to the good portion of her heart. I can never ever get the correct name for it - but that heart thing that Cheyney has - she had too.

She again was instrumental in a very succesful Boston Walk. And she has left us on her own terms - as Geri did everything.

Donations for LUNGevity, of course. Oh how I will miss my friend and our lengthy conversations. Her English accent always made the bad words sound almost acceptable!!!!

Kasey

Yes, Katie, the Hope Summit. She and I talked about hopefully being able to attend next time. This year was bad timing due to our personal loss here and for Geri, well, she needed some time to recoup from her latest bout.

Speaking of our loss this year of our son in law ~ Geri was the best friend - so supportive. Also the same with my niece, Tracy. With all Geri had going on, there was no shortage of caring and support for me in my need and loss. I know a lot of that showed through in her posts, but you just had to really KNOW her to understand how truly remarkable a person she was.

:cry:

Kasey

my thoughts and prayers and condolences to family and ALL of Geri's Friends. I think it hurt s because Geri reminded me of Deb in some ways. She seemed to have the attitude that even though I have cancer I am busy with my life and doing things. Always a positive spirit and a kind word no matter what!!

She will be missed and I will be outside in the cold with Jacket and beer for a talk I think..

I am so sad to read this update on Geri. I like many of you enjoyed her always upbeat posts.

Sweet Kacey, you have been through so much and so many losses, I am sorry that you have lost your friend Geri as well.

It is obvious from your kind words that you really cared for her. :(

Sincere sympathy to Geri's family and friends.

Jean

Even though I read this earlier in the day, I am struck by this loss tonight.

I am sad for the fact that her friends hurt tonight.

I am sad that she leaves behind a family who, based on her update from Katie, could probably enjoy her and use her around right now.

I am sad that she couldn't kick the reeper in the balls just one more time and keep going.

Sigh....

I am just stunned to read the news about Geri,I never appreciated how how bad her health was in recent months,despite her sharing her health problems here on occassion,her descriptions were always so upbeat,that I thought light of them.

What a sad end to 2011,the loss of another irreplaceable friend of LCSC.Goodnight Geri,RIP.

• 1 month later...

(((Kasey))), I am so saddened by this news. Geri was such a special lady. I loved to read her posts. She had such a wonderful sense of humor and such a wonderfully positive attitude. I never met her in person, but she sure touched my heart cyberly. My heartfelt condolences to all of her friends and family. She will truly be missed here at lcsc.

Sue